Maren, Mira, or Mara?

I absolutely cannot decide between the three of these names. I would pronounce [name]Maren[/name] (the spelling I like better than it’s [name]Marin[/name] counterpart) like “[name]Karen[/name]” but with an “M”, [name]Mira[/name] “Mee-ra”, and [name]Mara[/name] “Mah-ra”. Thoughts?

I love [name]Mara[/name]!!

[name]Maren[/name] is a bit boring to me, but I’m Norwegian and it’s been overused here for a loong time…
I never liked [name]Mira[/name], it’s a bit too cutesie and abstract to me…

[name]Mara[/name] is lovely!

I love [name]Maren[/name].

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Maren[/name], [name]Mira[/name] & [name]Mara[/name]!!! Here’s what we concluded on each name,

[name]Maren[/name] - I loved this and also [name]Marin[/name] and thought [name]Marnie[/name] would be an adorable nn, but dh wasn’t happy about there be 2 pronunciations for the name, Mah-ren of [name]Mare[/name]-en, he thought that like [name]Caroline[/name]/[name]Carolyne[/name] we would always be correcting the pronunciation and people wouldn’t even figure it out.

[name]Mara[/name] - I love [name]Mara[/name] too so much. . .but #1 it’s a little too close sounding to my daughter’s name, and #2 the meaning of [name]Mara[/name] is pretty awful. In hebrew it means bitter, which is the best of the bunch! Other languages it means anything from nightmare to death!! We couldn’t get past that, but if you can go for it!

[name]Mira[/name] - I would use this name in a heartbeat, BUT my sister’s kid is named this so it’s a no no. I really love it though and I think based on my assessment of the other 2 it would be my recommendation!

[name]Maren[/name]

I love [name]Maren[/name]. I also prefer your spelling.

[name]Hi[/name]! [name]Maren[/name] is my favorite of these names, with [name]Mira[/name] in a close second. Does one of the names sound better with your last name than the others?

Good luck! :slight_smile: