Margaret "Daisy" or just Daisy?

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] or [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] as a given name?

I love the name [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] for it’s sweet spunk, floral imagery and literary flair, but I am also fond of [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. Ultimately, I think I would use [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] on her own, but I can’t deny that [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] would give her more options to explore if she was unhappy with [name_f]Daisy[/name_f].

I will likely never use either name, as there are names I love more. I’m mostly looking for general opinions as opposed to naming advice.

[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]!! [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] is cute and fun, while [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] is solid and traditional, and she could use it if she prefers a name with more gravity.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] your signature names btw.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], my sister is a [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] “[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]”! Personally I’m a fan. She was pretty much [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] all the time growing up and our entire family still calls her [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]. However when she started college she decided to be [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. (to seem more mature/stand out from the popular -ee sounding names like [name_f]Emily[/name_f] and [name_u]Ashley[/name_u]/she just plain likes [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] now) I think both names suit her very well and for the most part she doesn’t mind being called either.

[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] is one of my if-only-it-wasn’t-so-well-used-and-had-more-spark-I’d-almost-definitely-plan-to-use-it names. Not as keen on [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], but I do think [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] “[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]” is perfectly lovely :slight_smile:

I think [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] would age wonderfully.

I adore [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]. [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]/[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] honors my late grandma and my mom-in-law. I personally believe in naming a child what they will be called. If you plan to call her [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], go with [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], but if you plan to always call her [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], go with [name_f]Daisy[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] nn [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] would be best. It gives her more options if she doesn’t like [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] or if she wanted to go by something else as an adult.

I definitely prefer [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] on its own, for all the reasons you listed.
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] just doesn’t sound pleasant to me.

I know nameberry is obsessed with “options”, but honestly I think [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] MiddleName LastName is enough options :slight_smile:

I prefer just [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], as I love it for the same reasons as you. [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] is a little too old ladyish for me; and you can never be sure if your daughter will like her name or not before she is old enough to have opinions of her own. Moreover, opinions change over time sometimes so she could dislike [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] as a child but love it as an adult; and vice versa.

I agree. [name_m]Add[/name_m] in the fact that some parents give two middle names, even more options to choose from.

I definitely prefer [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]! [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]'s kind of boring in my opinion. Also I know that some people can’t picture [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] on an adult, but I think that it’d age just fine. I’ve met two [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]'s and both of them were adults (one in her 50s and the other was early 30s I believe). The name fit them perfectly fine!

[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] for sure. I never understood [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] nn [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]. Or any name with an unrelated nickname.