Margaret

See the results of this poll: Which Margaret nickname do you like best?

Respondents: 21 (This poll is closed)

• Maggie: 7 (33%)
  • Maisie: 10 (48%)
  • Greta: 4 (19%)

I voted for [name]Maisie[/name]. I’m super excited that this a nn for [name]Margaret[/name]. I think [name]Maisie[/name] is too cute but would also work later in life.

I love all three nn’s, but [name]Maisie[/name] is my favorite. I just love the name [name]Margaret[/name]!

I absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Margaret[/name], but if I were to use it, I would use it in its entirety rather than use any of the nicknames. It is too pretty to spoil. (I have a daughter called [name]Catherine[/name] who is always [name]Catherine[/name] - so that is just my way, I suppose).

Great choice!

I voted for [name]Maggie[/name].
I think it is sassy and sweet.

I like all three nicknames, but voted for [name]Greta[/name] because its a little more unusual but very pretty. [name]Maisie[/name]'s a little cutesy for me, but well, very cute! And [name]Maggie[/name] is as classic as [name]Margaret[/name] in my opinion - will always love it I think!

I have to note, though, that I think of [name]Margaret[/name] as very much in line with [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] as far as classics go - it may not be quite as popular, but its still [name]WAY[/name] ahead of [name]Edna[/name] and [name]Maxine[/name] (which aren’t even in the top 1000)!

Good point, redridinghood. I love [name]Margaret[/name] in its full form as well and probably would only like an occasional nickname.

I don’t like [name]Maisie[/name], way too cutesy, doesn’t work on anyone over 13.

[name]Greta[/name] I do like, it sounds very old Hollywood to me. [name]Maggie[/name], however, is my favorite. It has a brogue, and sounds fun and free-spirited!

I love [name]Greta[/name], but I don’t feel it as a nickname for [name]Margaret[/name]. I don’t love [name]Maggie[/name], it used to be very “hip” to be a [name]Maggie[/name] (at least on tv or in the movies) a decade or two ago. Fun, not exactly crunchy, kind of goofy. It seemed like it was going to take [name]Margaret[/name] right out of its slump - a baby in the daycare where I worked in the early 90s was [name]Maggie[/name], her father said (really proudly), not [name]Margaret[/name]. [name]Maisie[/name] is my least favorite, but I say go for it. It seems like what people are doing these days, reviving the popular nicknames of a romanticized era. [name]Maisie[/name] sounds as distant from [name]Margaret[/name] to me as [name]Peggy[/name]. It’s not unpleasant, it just doesn’t jump out to me as obvious. Plus it is like [name]Maize[/name], corn. A very rural imagery, fields and fields of cornstalks, each with their own little ears.

I really do love [name]Margaret[/name] and wonder why people don’t hear it sounding as lovely as [name]Katherine[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I love it better than either of those names, in full.

I would also consider [name]Margie[/name] (either with a hard G or a soft J-sounding G), and I like [name]Meg[/name].

I think that [name]Margaret[/name] is beautiful! :slight_smile: It feels elegant and timeless, and I just love the nicknames. I voted for [name]Maisie[/name]. (I really love [name]Daisy[/name], too.) :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Just[/name] wanted to add [name]Maisie[/name] reminds my of the band Mazzy [name]Star[/name]. So the name [name]Maisie[/name] feels hip and artsy to me. [name]Maggie[/name] was my grandfathers dog when I was growing up. My cousin loved her dog so much he named his own [name]Maggie[/name] as well. I blame my grandfather for ruining [name]Maggie[/name] for me.

I love the name [name]Margaret[/name] and have an auntie named that, who we just call ‘[name]Margie[/name]’ with a hard ‘g’ sound. I also second [name]Meg[/name] which someone suggested, it sounds the most useable with different ages to me.

I voted for [name]Maisie[/name] but I love [name]Daisy[/name] too!

i love that name! it was my grandma’s name

I chose [name]Maisie[/name] coz it rhymes with [name]Daisy[/name] and I’m just crazy about it. But I’m also lazy so that’s all I’ve got to say. :slight_smile:

– [name]Nephele[/name]