Margot Annelise?

Hello, so I went on reddit(I forgot how very ruthless and judgemental they are with names that aren’t in the top 20), and someone pointed out that the combo [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] reminds them [name_f]Annelise[/name_f]([name_u]Anne[/name_u]) and [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_m]Frank[/name_m], The Dairy [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_m]Frank[/name_m]. Now I can’t shake the association and kind of feels really disrespectful to the Franks and other people who died/survived the Holocaust or people might pointed out and be nasty about it. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think I should change it to [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Annalisa[/name_f], or another similar combo?

Gorgeous name! I didn’t make the [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_m]Frank[/name_m] connection and I don’t think many people would. I also don’t think it would be disrespectful. Plus, it’s in the middle spot, it’s not like she’ll go around introducing herself as that.

1 Like

Yeah, my phone keeps correcting it to [name_f]Annelies[/name_f] ;-;

1 Like

I love the combination [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] which is similar! Or [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f].

1 Like

Oh! Also [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Anise[/name_f] maybe?

I didn’t automatically make that association especially because she’s known as [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_m]Frank[/name_m] more than her birth name of [name_f]Annelies[/name_f]. And not a lot of people know that she has a sister called [name_f]Margot[/name_f] so I wouldn’t worry too much. It’s a gorgeous combination. I don’t think it is that disrespectful, if anything it’s more of an honour name. Combo [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Annalisa[/name_f] is very pretty as well though :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Just dropping in to say how delighted I was to see two of my most favorite names together, [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Annelise[/name_f]! They’re such wonderful names, and I agree with previous posts that few people will make the association with the [name_m]Frank[/name_m] sisters- only someone VERY up on their Holocaust literature. And the middle name gets such little visibility anyway. Perhaps it would come up if your daughter reads The Diary of [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_m]Frank[/name_m] in school, but I don’t think you should let the association stop you from using these beautiful names.

1 Like

Margot [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] is lovely and I don’t think the association is obvious

1 Like

I love that name combo and even if people did make that association I don’t think it is at all disrespectful.

1 Like

I made the connection but I wouldn’t find it disrespectful. Maybe [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Anais[/name_f] (which sounds really similar) or [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Annemarie[/name_f] (which is an [name_u]Anne[/name_u]+ name like [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]) would work better for you?

I would never have made that association! I think [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] is too gorgeous to consider changing it!

1 Like

Margot [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] is a gorgeous combination and I do not think that the [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_m]Frank[/name_m] association is that strong or disrespectful due to most knowing her as [name_u]Anne[/name_u] rather than [name_f]Annelise[/name_f]. If you are concerned maybe you could use [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Annalisa[/name_f]

Soooo beautiful! I didn’t connect it to the Franks until you poihnted that out, and I don’t think many people would notice it. Keep it!

1 Like

I wouldn’t have ever made that association, mostly because I forget [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_m]Frank[/name_m]’s full name is [name_f]Annelies[/name_f]. I don’t think the association is disrespectful and I doubt most people will ever notice it. That being said, [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Annalisa[/name_f] is very pretty, as well, though I do prefer the sound and flow of [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Annelise[/name_f].

I did immediately made the association but I do agree that it might not be that noticeable to others. Personally I wouldn’t use it just because of the actual history that the names have. It isn’t a very strong connection but I guess just myself being aware of it would put me off the named.

There was a thread somewhere about the combo [name_m]Otto[/name_m] [name_m]Franklin[/name_m]. Her dad being [name_m]Otto[/name_m] [name_m]Frank[/name_m] and I just couldn’t look past it however good of a match those two names were

I think it’s a stunning, classical sounding combination! I would not have made that association at all.