Margot - might rhyme with last name

We are set on either [name_f]Margot[/name_f] or [name_f]Ida[/name_f] for baby sister, but [name_f]Margot[/name_f] rhymes with last name that sounds similar to Dracow (w is silent).

So would be [name_f]Margot[/name_f] Dracow, both ending in o. I thought it was cute at first but now might think it’s too silly? Does [name_f]Ida[/name_f] Dracow sound better?

Hmm…I do think [name_f]Ida[/name_f] sounds better with your last name but if you really like [name_f]Margot[/name_f] I would still use it as I don’t think it sounds terrible. Or maybe [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] nn [name_f]Margot[/name_f]?

[name_f]Ida[/name_f] would definitely work better, so it really depends on how much you love each name!

I do prefer [name_f]Ida[/name_f] in your situation, even though I’m a big fan of [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. I like PP’s suggestion of [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] “[name_f]Margot[/name_f]”.

I actually really like the way [name_f]Margot[/name_f] Dracow sounds! I don’t think it sounds silly, I think it sounds memorable. I also really love the name [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. [name_f]Ida[/name_f] Dracow is nice too, though!

2 Likes

Another vote for [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] nn [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. Alternatively, maybe make it a double name like [name_f]Margot[/name_f]-[name_u]Anne[/name_u]? [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t know if you like those types of names, but that may get rid of the rhyming problem.

I actually like Margot “Dracow”, but I admite that I have always prefered Margot over Ida. Visually, the fact that Ida and Dracow have a similar ending and beginning, is not very appealing to me. However, it does sound really well!
Good luck with your decision!

I agree with the others, that you should name her [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], and then use [name_f]Margot[/name_f]/Margaux as the nickname.

I’m not big on [name_f]Ida[/name_f], but I do like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f].

x

I’d personally go with [name_f]Ida[/name_f]. The rhyming isnt the rnd of the world but I’d probably avoid it as the rhyme would irritate me slightly

I don’t think the rhyming of [name_f]Margot[/name_f] Dracow is a big problem. If you really love [name_f]Margot[/name_f] I think you can just use it!

I love [name_f]Ida[/name_f] and I think it sounds better with your last name