Margot or Cora or Rose or Fiona?

My husband and I are trying to come up with names for our second daughter, due this fall, that we love as much as our first daughter’s name ([name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]). We fell in love with [name_f]Isla[/name_f]'s name instantly and are having a hard time coming up with that magic the second time.

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f], a name I still love, was on the list when we had [name_f]Isla[/name_f], but my DH now isn’t so sure. I also think [name_f]Rose[/name_f] would be a great first name, but DH is, again, not so sure. He is a little leery because it is also my middle name but I don’t think it is that big of a deal, especially since we have personal connections with the name [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]. I keep thinking maybe if I come up with a middle for [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] or [name_f]Rose[/name_f], he would be back on board…so help with a middle?

DH is also lackluster about my other offerings of [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Eve[/name_f].

He was more responsive to both [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Cora[/name_f], actually saying them out loud. When I suggested them, I liked them, but now I’m second-guessing myself. Is [name_f]Cora[/name_f] too buttoned up? Is [name_f]Margot[/name_f] too buttoned down? Ideas for middles?

On top of it all, we have a long hyphenated last name, so I would really prefer to keep the first and middle names on the shorter side.

So any suggestions? Are [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Cora[/name_f] good contenders? Can I convince my husband of [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] or [name_f]Rose[/name_f]? Any fresh names I’m not thinking of?

Thanks!

[name_f]Cora[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f], and [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] are 3 of my favorites names. My favorite with [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is [name_f]Fiona[/name_f], but I’ll offer middles for all.

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]

[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]

other ideas: [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Coralie[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_f]Mira[/name_f], [name_f]Thea[/name_f], [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f], [name_f]Gwen[/name_f], [name_f]Oona[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]… Good luck!

I love all of your favorites and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is adorable! I like the idea of sticking with a two syllable first and one syllable middle name, like [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f], if you have a long last name.

Here are some pairings you might like, or you could just use the middles:
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] (potential nickname: [name_f]Edie[/name_f])
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_f]Bea[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_u]Leigh[/name_u]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]

Thoughts? Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]
My favorites are [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Fiona[/name_f].
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] go together well imo.

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_u]Leigh[/name_u]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_u]Reese[/name_u],

[name_f]Gita[/name_f] [name_u]Roan[/name_u]
Miette [name_u]Rue[/name_u]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_u]Rue[/name_u]
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f] [name_u]Joss[/name_u]
[name_f]Riva[/name_f] [name_u]Bay[/name_u]

Thoughts?

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]!

All great options, but [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] & [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] would make gorgeous sisters!

All stunning.

Wow, thanks for all the great suggestions! [name_u]Love[/name_u] coming back to these!

I did forget to mention that [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] is another personal favorite, but DH only hears “poison ivy.” Anyways, loved katiem333’s suggestion of [name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], and now I will think of [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] as a possible middle for many others.

Other suggestions I like:
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] (But this will be beyond DH’s comfort level)
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]

Names I like, but can’t do because of family/friends/etc
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]

And the suggestion of [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] makes me laugh because I do [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] it, but was trying to get away from [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as a middle name. But I’m laughing because before I got pregnant, I got drunk one night, talked baby names, and the next day all of the pics my friends posted were hashtagged #FionaRose. I guess that is the name we came up with. It’s almost meant to be.

I was liking [name_f]Margot[/name_f] more than [name_f]Cora[/name_f], but now that might have switched…

Check this list out. My personal favorite on the list below are [name_f]Rose[/name_f] combos. The ones with *'s are my personal favorites :slight_smile:
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] *
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_u]Marley[/name_u]

[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] *
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_u]Leigh[/name_u]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_u]Darcy[/name_u]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] *
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Arlene[/name_f] *

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] is great with [name_f]Isla[/name_f]. I really love [name_f]Cora[/name_f] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as well.

Full disclosure, [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] is my favorite name of all time. I think [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is GORGEOUS and would sound amazing with [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]! So I’m just here offering my enthusiastic 2 cents for [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] :).

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] are really nice too. But from your anecdote above it sounds like deep down you love the name [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], and I think it would be cute to share middle names with your daughter. #FionaRose all the way!

[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Lucille[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
?

I have a [name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]! It’s a name we love more and more. She’s quite spunky and reallt funny, so not buttoned up at all, at least for us.

All of your names are great. [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] would be beautiful too!

With [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f], I’d absolutely go with [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]… What a stunning sister set!!!

Before reading beyond the initial post, I’d thought, [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] would be perfect for you! It’s girly but not frilly, with the same spunky feel as [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]. I love your #FionaRose story- would be a great one to tell her one day. A lot of girls have the same middle name as their mothers- it’s definitely not a reason to be leery. I love [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Cora[/name_f] but they feel more vintage and serious than the more modern and laid-back [name_f]Fiona[/name_f].

Another vote for [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]! I love [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]. My second choice would be [name_f]Cora[/name_f].

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] get my votes. Good luck!

I like [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], but I personally like [name_f]Rose[/name_f] a tad more. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]?

I love [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]! So gorgeous!

You had [name_f]Eve[/name_f] on your list… What about [name_f]Evie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]?

I’m not a fan of [name_f]Fiona[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Cora[/name_f]… But if I had to pick one, it would be [name_f]Cora[/name_f]. (What about [name_f]Cara[/name_f]?)

I think [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f] make great sister names for [name_f]Isla[/name_f].