Margot or Greta?

Very torn between the two options, I love both. I also like [name_f]Margarita[/name_f] (like “the master and Margarita” book in Russian literature, and probably more realistic to bring than [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] in the country I live) and [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] (but very difficult to get where I live). I don’t like [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] or other options that much sorry.

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer [name_f]Margot[/name_f] or [name_f]Greta[/name_f] and why?
[name_f]Do[/name_f] the names give different vibes / perceptions for you?

I prefer the elegance and warmth of [name_f]Margot[/name_f] in terms of sound - it’s stylish and vintage and cool.

[name_f]Greta[/name_f] is rugged, strong and determined in vibe and I do like it, [name_f]Margot[/name_f] is just more my thing

1 Like

I like both, but I prefer [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. It feels glamorous and cool, whereas [name_f]Greta[/name_f] is more gritty and grey.

I like [name_f]Greta[/name_f] more! It sounds sweet and vintage, while [name_f]Margot[/name_f] has always felt a bit heavy and serious to me.

I love [name_f]Margarita[/name_f] too, it’s one of my favourite names! :blossom::yellow_heart:

1 Like

[name_f]Greta[/name_f], probably! :slight_smile:

margot xx

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] . [name_f]Greta[/name_f] seems a little fresher though with [name_f]Margo[/name_f] and [name_f]Margot[/name_f] getting more popular . Both are gorgeous .

1 Like

Both are gorgeous!

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] is gorgeous she’s stylish, glamorous, elegant, has a pretty melodic feel with that strong o sound, the lovely nickname [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] along with the pretty meaning pearl.

[name_f]Greta[/name_f] is bright, elegant, unexpected and has a sweet international European flair. I think [name_f]Greta[/name_f] is gorgeous and I love the strong namesake of [name_f]Greta[/name_f] Thunberg.
I think [name_f]Greta[/name_f] is lovely.

Both are fabulous but I think I prefer the general sound of [name_f]Margot[/name_f]

greta is nice, and it’s definitely grown on me, but i prefer margot! greta sounds a little stuffier to me, while margot feels more fresh - like :tulip::herb::sunny::basket:

I love both! [name_f]Greta[/name_f] would be what I chose for my own daughter, but [name_f]Margot[/name_f] is a delight. I think they’re both just gorgeous.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] both. But [name_f]Greta[/name_f] is close to perfection for me :slight_smile:

I LOVE [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. So much spunk, pizzazz and elegance.

greta is one of my favourite names! she’s quite spunky and cool. it feels like a very strong, sprightly name. i like margot as well, and while i myself prefer the spelling margo, margot is elegant and beautiful. you really can’t go wrong with either, but i’ll put my vote in for greta! :love_letter:

I like [name_f]Margot[/name_f] more! It’s feisty, fun, and stylish! Greta’s nice, but I don’t like the sound as much, even though I usually love -eta names.

I prefer [name_f]Greta[/name_f] simply bc it’s just much more my style as I like Ts and a sounds and not -o endings or Ms though I like [name_f]Margarita[/name_f] alright

I imagine a happy spirited child for [name_f]Greta[/name_f] while [name_f]Margot[/name_f] is more serious, solemn, stern, and somber for me. All those Ss were not intentional lol

[name_f]Greta[/name_f] - it’d be near the top of our girls list for my current pregnancy, except my husband sometimes has difficulty saying “gr” because of his stutter. I love [name_f]Greta[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u] :heart:

I don’t love the spelling [name_f]Margot[/name_f], it just looks off to me. [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] is pretty though!

Both are lovely, but [name_f]Greta[/name_f] takes the cake to me! She’s so lovely, fresh and sparkly.

Both are names that have grown on me, especially [name_f]Greta[/name_f], I really like the rugged vibes I get from her!

I LOVE both, but I feel that [name_f]Greta[/name_f] is more unexpected so I’d go with that one!

[name_f]Greta[/name_f] for me! I’ve never loved [name_f]Margot[/name_f]- it feels harsh to me, and the -ot ending reminds me of escargot. [name_f]Greta[/name_f] gives me the same kind of imagery as [name_f]Heidi[/name_f]- a pink-cheeked Alpine girl, sweet and sunny but tough enough to climb mountains.

1 Like