Marguerite?

I’ve recently been considering the name Marguerite for a little girl, and was wondering what others might think of it. Personally, I think it’s sweet, and like most of the NN possibilities. (Margo I love, but Marge? Not so much.) Is it too dated or stuffy, or is there a reason it’s not more commonly used? I’ve come up with a few name combinations, none of which seem “just right”, but I’d love some feedback!

Theresa Marguerite
Charlotte Marguerite
Eleanor Marguerite / Marguerite Eleanor
Amelia Marguerite
Cecilia Marguerite
Charlotte Eleanor (Sorry, I know this one’s a little random, but I love the name Charlotte, and Eleanor would honor my grandmother.)

Thanks, everyone, for your help! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Marguerite[/name]! I prefer the nn [name]Maggie[/name], but [name]Margo[/name] is nice too. Is there a reason you prefer it in the middle? (I tend to do the same, but I’m curious). I think it has has spunk!I especially like [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name] and [name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name].

I think [name]Marguerite[/name] is lovely and definitely not dated. It is so beautiful it does not need a nickname. I like all of your possible sets except for [name]Theresa[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name], I think [name]Theresa[/name] is a little dated personally, but all the others are great!

[name]Marguerite[/name] is on our very short list. [name]Marguerite[/name] is classic with an upscale french bourgeois flare. It’s likely you’ll fall back on [name]Margo[/name] or[name]Maggie[/name] for common place usage. I don’t understand why you only choose as a middle.

Top Girls: [name]Marguerite[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Clara[/name]
Top Boys: [name]Bruno[/name], [name]Gregory[/name], [name]Henry[/name]

I think [name]Marguerite[/name] is really pretty. I dislike the nn [name]Maggie[/name] due to people I’ve known, but I think [name]Daisy[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name] are darling nicknames for it.

I love the French name [name]Marguerite[/name] and my favourite nn is [name]Daisy[/name] or [name]Margot[/name]. The name is sweetly vintage, elegant and ladylike. I would definitely encourage you to use it as a first name. From your list, I like [name]Marguerite[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] ([name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] would be another option). I would also suggest [name]Marguerite[/name] [name]Amelie[/name], [name]Marguerite[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name], [name]Adele[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name], [name]Marguerite[/name] [name]Louise[/name], [name]Helena[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name], [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name], [name]Lucille[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name] and [name]Marguerite[/name] [name]Simone[/name].