Mariah

I’ve really been liking the name [name_f]Mariah[/name_f], but I’m a bit on the fence, I suppose?

I’ve read that it means “the [name_m]Lord[/name_m] is my teacher” (if it’s derived from the Hebrew Moriah), which seems like a very sweet meaning imo :slight_smile: I also like that it’s got that bit of 90’s flair I like, and that it’s still familiar, but not quite popular.

What do you think of [name_f]Mariah[/name_f]? Does it fit my list?

Thank you!

It isn’t my style, but it’s a nice name and fits your list.

1 Like

Fits your list perfectly and is a very funky sleek! It has a good kick to it and really gives you a thrill of excitement reading the name

1 Like

I love [name_f]Mariah[/name_f]! It’s such a sweet name! And I think it fits your list just perfectly. Also, you have a wonderful list! I love so many of your names!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I will say, though, in case you haven’t considered this, I know a [name_f]Mariah[/name_f] and people constantly call her [name_u]Maria[/name_u]. This kind of surprised me when I heard it, but I can see how people would just think it’s a different spelling of [name_u]Maria[/name_u].

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Thanks!! I really love that it has such a sweet, cheery vibe! :smiley:

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I don’t mind that so much, as I also like [name_u]Maria[/name_u] :stuck_out_tongue: [name_f]Mariah[/name_f]’s relatively common for my generation here, so I don’t actually know that it’d be confused with [name_u]Maria[/name_u]? It’s hard to say! :thinking:

1 Like

I think [name_f]Mariah[/name_f] totally fits your list. It’s got that classic with a twist feeling!

1 Like

Mariah fits perfectly with your list. Though I don’t think people get it confused since the singer [name_f]Mariah[/name_f] [name_u]Carey[/name_u] made it a bit mainstream m

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Mariah[/name_f] a lot! It definitely would fit in with your list. In fact, I am loving it for you! It definitely seems like a [name_u]Haley[/name_u] name. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think [name_f]Mariah[/name_f] goes perfectly with your list! It’s a very simple and sweet name, a great choice!

If you’d like a suggestion, I once met a girl with the name [name_f]Mireya[/name_f] pronounced (Meh-ray-ah) and I found it to be such a beautiful name that I hadn’t ever heard of. I think it’s very similar to [name_f]Mariah[/name_f] if you’re looking for something a little less traditional!

1 Like

Thank you! I do love that classic with a twist vibe!

Thank you! I wasn’t thinking about that connection (no idea why!) but that’s a fair point!

Thank you! I’m glad it seems like a [name_u]Haley[/name_u] name :smiley: LOL it’s hard for me to tell what those are sometimes :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks!! I actually have [name_f]Mireya[/name_f] on my long list :slight_smile: I love it!!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Mariah[/name_f] suits your list well!

1 Like

It’s very cute. Reminds me of [name_u]Maria[/name_u] [name_m]Reynolds[/name_m] a little, but it feels very young and pretty.

1 Like

I thought that as well. But I like [name_f]Mariah[/name_f]

1 Like

I think it’s lovely. I really like [name_f]Mariah[/name_f]! I think it fits with your list. I’ve always been fond of [name_f]Mariah[/name_f] [name_u]Carey[/name_u]'s music, plus I admire the way she overcame her personal struggles, so she’s a good association in my book.

If you’re looking for similar names, I would suggest [name_f]Marissa[/name_f] and [name_f]Sariah[/name_f] (which I believe appears in the Book of Mormon?).

1 Like

Ooh, [name_f]Sariah[/name_f] is really pretty!! Thank you!