Mariano?

What are your opinions on this name? It is the masculine form of my name and although my name is on the top 5 where I live, Mariano is one of the less used boys names… do you like it?
When I was younger there was a show that I used to watch where there was a chicken whose name was Mariano and at the time that was the only connection I made but now it is starting to grow on me
Mariano- nn Mar (means sea which I love)
Do you think it would be akward to have a child Mariano if my name is Mariana?

1 Like

I think it’s lovely! It definitely stands out and feels like a very soft masculine name, with no harsh sounds.

I don’t think it’s weird to name your child [name_m]Mariano[/name_m] if your name is [name_f]Mariana[/name_f], but I think most people would assume you did it on purpose like it was a significant family name or something. Kind of like how people are called [name_m]John[/name_m], [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Jr[/name_m], etc. Personally, I think it’s cute when people have matching names with their children, but others might find it strange.

I believe it really comes down to whether it would bother you or not if people assume that you purposefully gave your kid a similar name to you. :white_heart:

1 Like

I like [name_m]Marino[/name_m] a little more than [name_m]Mariano[/name_m], I think, but I still like [name_m]Mariano[/name_m] a lot! The nn [name_f]Mar[/name_f] is super cute too.

As for a [name_f]Mariana[/name_f] with a Mariano… maybe a little odd, but it’s a nice name, and I sort of like it honestly! I’ve considered [name_u]Asher[/name_u] for a boy myself, and sort of like the idea of having a little boy with a name tied to mine? I think if I can have an [name_u]Asher[/name_u], then you can have a Mariano?

Good luck!

1 Like

Completely agree with everything said here!

[name_m]Mariano[/name_m] nn [name_f]Mar[/name_f] is amazing :heart_eyes: but it really comes down to how you feel about it.

1 Like

I like [name_m]Mario[/name_m] better

1 Like

[name_m]Mariano[/name_m] is really cool! So long as you don’t mind it being an honour name, I think it’s usable :slight_smile:

1 Like

I prefer Mario.

1 Like

I really like Mariano! With your name, [name_m]Mariano[/name_m] would likely be assumed to be an honor name for you or a family name, but that’s not necessarily a problem! One potential pitfall could be that it would be confusing to have two people with such similar sounding names in the same household.

1 Like

Probably. :slight_smile: It would be confusing, but I can see it as a middle name to honor yourself.

1 Like

People (fathers especially) name their children after themselves all the time, I don’t think it’s weird at all! I say go for it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes that’s what I thought