Marigold- give it to me straight

Well these are my other top names:
[name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Susanna[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Rosalie[/name]/[name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name] and Lulette. But it looks more and more like Lulette will get bumped to a middle name just because I really don’t like saying [name]Lulu[/name]. I absolutely love the first 4. [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name] are more for my husband, but I love them, too. Nicknames [name]Betsey[/name], [name]Sookie[/name] (under debate), [name]Heidi[/name], [name]Rosie[/name], [name]Penny[/name], [name]Trixie[/name] and [name]Lulu[/name].

I don’t like the name [name]Margaret[/name] very much. But I do really love [name]Marguerite[/name]. And my husband just said he “kinda likes it” (he used to hate it), and that’s just a step away from him loving it. What if her full name was [name]Marguerite[/name] but she went by [name]Margo[/name]. So she’d be [name]Margo[/name] most of the time (not 100%, but in school and with friends and stuff, I’m thinking), and we (family) could call her [name]Goldie[/name] and if she wanted to use it with her friends that would be fine too. [name]Marguerite[/name] would be for paperwork and diplomas and grown up stuff. I’ve always been on the fence with the “name them what you want to call them” debate. I think it’s different for each situation. I would feel comfortable having a [name]Marguerite[/name] that goes by [name]Goldie[/name] (but I’d be just as fine with her going by [name]Marguerite[/name] or [name]Daisy[/name] or [name]Maggie[/name] or [name]Rita[/name] or whatever she liked best)…

I love [name]Marigold[/name] nn [name]Goldie[/name]. If you think it’s too out there (which I do not), [name]Goldie[/name] can also be a nickname for [name]Gloria[/name].

[name]Gloria[/name] is a great suggestion! Never even crossed my mind! Unfortunately I went to school with a [name]Gloria[/name] and I never liked her… I would also probably want to call a [name]Gloria[/name] [name]Glory[/name], which I think is super cute.

I think we have settled on [name]Marguerite[/name]! See? It’s the end of the day and now my husband has gone from hating it to it being his favorite name that he love love loves! He is silly that way! [name]Lucky[/name] for me I guess!

So the name would be [name]Marguerite[/name] and I think she’d mostly be [name]Margo[/name], but that’s undecided. I really love to say [name]Marguerite[/name] and now that it’s grown on [name]Chris[/name], he loves it in full, too. Nickname options that I can think of are [name]Margo[/name], [name]Maggie[/name], [name]Maxie[/name] (which i think can morph to [name]Moxie[/name] which i’ve loved since Miss CrimeFighter was born), [name]Rita[/name] (bonus! My awesome great aunt!), [name]Maisie[/name], [name]Daisy[/name], [name]Goldie[/name], [name]Peg[/name], [name]Peggy[/name], [name]Meg[/name]… I think there are more. I wouldn’t use [name]Peg[/name] or [name]Peggy[/name] because [name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Penny[/name] is high on our list and I much prefer that. I do love [name]Maggie[/name] B, but [name]Maggie[/name] is a bit boring for me. I feel [name]Ike[/name] [name]Maxie[/name] isn’t a stretch and I do really like that but feel like it’d get mixed up with all the Maxes and even Maddies, [name]Moxie[/name] is more of a stretch but I don’t care. [name]Goldie[/name] is the biggest stretch of all! Haha! I would like to call her [name]Moxie[/name] [name]Gold[/name] sometimes, it could be her super hero name! Anyway. There are plenty of options so I suppose we could just wait and see what works. I’m pretty excited about [name]Marguerite[/name], though!

We both wrote out top ten, and of the top six the ones that we had the same are [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Marguerite[/name], [name]Susanna[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name]. I’m so happy with those! My one and only fear is [name]Susanna[/name] being called [name]Sue[/name]…

“I know a lot of the berries love the idea of choosing a formal name like [name]Aurelia[/name] and then morphing it into a very different feeling nickname like [name]Goldie[/name]; I suppose, for name nerds, it’s like getting two names for the price of one and is a more sensible alternative than having a dozen kids just so you get to use all the names you love.”

This is a great! You should read the thread about nicknames!!!

I adore [name]Marigold[/name]. I don’t find it silly or pretentious or any of those things. It sounds like a name fit for an Edwardian girleen with curls and bows in her hair to me. The nickname [name]Goldie[/name] is precious.

I don’t think of marigold as an ‘out there’ name at all. Someone else compared it to [name]Clementine[/name]. It’s much more useable than [name]Clementine[/name] [name]IMO[/name]. However, if you don’t like the name, don’t force it on yourself for the sake of the nickname. Find a name you love through and through and use [name]Goldie[/name] no matter what it is! My mother calls my sister [name]Dolly[/name]. It has nothing to do with her name; she just thinks it’s a cute nickname. Nicknames don’t always have to ‘make sense’ so try not to pressure yourself to find a name just so [name]Goldie[/name] can ‘make sense.’

I do think that [name]Marigold[/name] fits beautifully with your other childrens’ names.

I love [name]Marigold[/name] it was on my short list for my daughter but my dh hated it!I can’t say enough about how much I love this name. I think it’s the kind of name that some people might be put off by at first but when they meet a little marigold, they’ll love it. Somehow it manages to be as cute as a name can be but also sounds great on a grown woman too