Marin/Mirren,Mira?

What do you think of these names? All have popped onto my radar lately, at the moment I’m leaning towards [name_u]Mirren[/name_u].

[name_f]Mira[/name_f] is a standout for me amongst the three. [name_u]Mirren[/name_u] buys into the ‘surname as a first name’ trend, which makes me a bit sad because the sound of [name_u]Mirren[/name_u] is quite lovely. [name_f]Marin[/name_f] reminds me of a fish.

[name_f]Mira[/name_f] is my favorite as well, I like [name_u]Mirren[/name_u] but connotations with the actress with that surname are inevitable. [name_f]Marin[/name_f] looks unfinished.

I love M names! I like these M names, two syllable sleek and a bit modern feeling.
I like [name_f]Marin[/name_f], [name_f]Mira[/name_f] [name_u]Mirren[/name_u] in that order.
I love [name_f]Maris[/name_f] and [name_f]Marit[/name_f] and [name_u]Merritt[/name_u] as well.

I go to school with a girl called [name_u]Mirren[/name_u] is the name of a football team in [name_f]Scotland[/name_f] (St. [name_u]Mirren[/name_u]). I’m not a huge fan of any M names for girls.

I am a long time lover. My favorite being [name_f]Marin[/name_f] and Marren.

I used to have a student named [name_f]Maren[/name_f]. She was so cute! One of my childhood best friends was named [name_f]Marina[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Marin[/name_f]/[name_f]Maren[/name_f]. [name_f]Mira[/name_f] next, not a huge fan of [name_u]Mirren[/name_u].

I prefer [name_f]Mira[/name_f] but [name_f]Marin[/name_f] comes second and [name_u]Mirren[/name_u] third (it reminds me of [name_f]Helen[/name_f] [name_u]Mirren[/name_u]; not a bad thing, it’s just very on the ‘surname as a first name’ trend).

I absolutely love [name_f]Mira[/name_f]. [name_f]Marin[/name_f] sounds nice, but is also the [name_m]French[/name_m] word for “sailor” and that really jumps out at me. I think I would like it spelled as [name_f]Maren[/name_f]. [name_u]Mirren[/name_u] makes me think of the actress, but has a nice sound.

I think “M” might be my favorite letter for girls names, actually.

We were originally planning to name our daughter [name_f]Marin[/name_f] but ended up going with something else. We both really liked it but were hesitant because of the lack of cute nicknames. The only ones we could think of were [name_f]Mare[/name_f] and [name_f]Rin[/name_f]/Rinny. This might not be an issue for you but my husband and I are really big into nicknames (our cats have at least two each)!

All that said, I still really like the look and feel of [name_f]Marin[/name_f]. We live by the ocean and like “beachy” feel it has.

I’m not really a fan of [name_u]Mirren[/name_u] or [name_f]Mira[/name_f].