Marina Estela vs Elena Violet?

Which do you prefer? We have a Spanish last name and they both flow very well. We also like Elena Julieta, or Elena Celeste, or Elena Lucia.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

[name_f]Marina[/name_f] [name_f]Estela[/name_f] is gorgeous!!
I also really like [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Julieta[/name_f]!

2 Likes

Thank you. It’s my top favourite ATM. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Marina[/name_f] [name_f]Estela[/name_f]

Both are great but I feel like [name_f]Marina[/name_f] isn’t as popular but still feels current. It’s a refreshing name to see being used in my opinion.

2 Likes

I think [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Celeste[/name_f], and [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Julieta[/name_f] are all stunning! If I had to choose just one favorite, though, I think I’d say [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] :heartpulse:

1 Like

I love [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] ! Both names are sentimental to me so my vote is jaded !!

2 Likes

I’m crushing on both!

But I love [name_f]Marina[/name_f] she’s stunning completely underused and feels happy. I absolutely love the connection to the sea and how with the middle name [name_f]Estela[/name_f] the name loosely translates too star from the sea. [name_f]Marina[/name_f] [name_f]Estela[/name_f] is beautiful.

1 Like

[name_f]Adore[/name_f] [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f].

1 Like

I also love the meaning, and that it’s not a common name.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is :heart_eyes:

1 Like

[name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] is my favourite, but if I have to choose between the two, [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]!

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Elena[/name_f] to [name_f]Marina[/name_f]. I love the way the sounds just seem to roll off the tongue. It’s so pretty. I like [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] rather than [name_f]Julieta[/name_f] and [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Celeste[/name_f] and then [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f].
I’m sorry I am not used to first name, middle name both ending in a. I’ve been schooled to think that it sounds better to have the middle ending with a consonant after an ‘a’ first name so when I take that bias away [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Julietta[/name_f] is beautiful. I love [name_f]Julieta[/name_f] as a first name too.

1 Like

I like [name_f]Marina[/name_f] [name_f]Estela[/name_f] better.

1 Like

Yes, I understand it’s not common in [name_f]English[/name_f] to use both names ending in ‘a’. I also like [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] out of curiousity, how are you pronouncing [name_f]Elena[/name_f]? Would you be more likely to say eh-lay-nah or Eh-leh-nah?

[name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]!

I pronounce Elena as eh-leh-nah. The diphthong /ei/ in leh is very high in my speech. There’s a lovely gliding feeling as the tongue goes from the initial schwa of the first e to the /l/ position, and then to the almost tap of dental alveolar /n/… and it sounds beautiful as well. :laughing:

I think [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] flows best and is a lovely name :blush:

I know you didn’t ask for suggestions but I also like the idea of [name_f]Marina[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Marina[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f], or [name_f]Mariella[/name_f] [name_f]Celeste[/name_f].

All beautiful, but my favourite is [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]! :slight_smile: