Marion or Sloane?

Expecting our first in early [name_u]June[/name_u]. I love the names [name_u]Marion[/name_u] and [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] and have for a long time. Husband is on board with both and doesn’t like many names in general. I am going back and forth each week and need help deciding.

Which do you like better? If we were to have a second girl, could these names go together for siblings?

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the name [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] so that would be my choice. I have loved it since [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] Buellers [name_u]Day[/name_u] off :slight_smile:

[name_u]Marion[/name_u] has so many different spellings and the meaning isn’t great but it does have some cool history. I don’t think it is bad, I just like [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] better. I definitely think they could be siblings.

To me, they are completely different - [name_u]Marion[/name_u] makes me think of classics, not quite vintage but old world beauty. [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] sound likes a trendy teenager. I like both for different reasons, but I prefer [name_u]Marion[/name_u]. I think they are different enough to be siblings.

I actually think they work in the way that they are so not the same style. [name_u]Marion[/name_u] is vintage and classic. [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] is somewhat offbeat. Both would, honestly, be a bit of an unusual choice for a girl and that’s where I think they work so well. I actually adore the name [name_u]Marion[/name_u]. It was my nana’s name and I’ve always had a soft spot for it. I do like [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] as well. If you like both, I say use them both!

I love [name_u]Sloane[/name_u]!

Much prefer [name_u]Marion[/name_u]!

I think [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] feels much more modern and chic.

I have recently started to think of [name_u]Marion[/name_u] as a lovely classical name.
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] Hood was recently on our television and confirmed for me that it has reached that status for me but I would not name a young woman who might think its a lttle old fashioned.
I much prefer [name_u]Marion[/name_u] and I think [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] is a ‘trend’ name.
Maybe [name_u]Marion[/name_u] with a very vivid second name.

I love the name [name_u]Marion[/name_u] so much more than [name_u]Sloane[/name_u].

If you were to have a second girl, maybe [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]/[name_f]Louise[/name_f], [name_f]Adele[/name_f], [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_f]Eva[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], or [name_f]Marie[/name_f].

My favourite is [name_u]Marion[/name_u]. Or [name_u]Marian[/name_u]. Vintage, timeless and original!

Thanks for the feedback! A lot of the same thoughts I was having. I think we will be in limbo for awhile but I am leaning toward [name_u]Marion[/name_u] because the trend-factor worries me about [name_u]Sloane[/name_u]. But that could change next week :slight_smile:

I know I am in the minority here… There is something about [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] that I just don’t care for. It could be the Sl beginning.
I really prefer the vintage sound of [name_u]Marion[/name_u].
No, I think they are too miss-matched to be siblings.

I love [name_u]Marion[/name_u]. Its sweet and classic to me. I also think of the disney [name_u]Robin[/name_u] Hood movie when I hear it. I think it ages well and is well-known without being boring and overdone.

I just don’t see the appeal of [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] at all. It doesn’t really sound like a name to me. Plus the first time i heard it as a first name was on greys anatomy so that ruined it completely, the character was irritating. Its sort of trendy but there are not tons of girls being named [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] so it won’t be dated trendy, imo, like it won’t be a name linked to this specific era.

[name_u]Sloane[/name_u] definately unless you spell [name_u]Marion[/name_u] like [name_f]Marianne[/name_f], [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f], etc.

[name_u]Marion[/name_u] please. It’s so elegant. I really don’t get the appeal of [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] at all, especially not on a girl.

Definitely [name_u]Marion[/name_u]. I never like [name_u]Sloane[/name_u].

[name_u]Marion[/name_u] all the way!