Mariposa vs Parisa vs Angel vs Sappha

Hey everyone! [name_f]My[/name_f] partner and I have narrowed down our naming list 4 names, and we need help choosing the perfect one for our soon to be little girl. We are a little bohemian and we wanted to reflect that in our name choices. But now we are left with 4 and we can decide between the 4 of them. So below I have put our thoughts on each of the names and we would be grateful if yall could put in your own opinions

1. [name_f]Mariposa[/name_f] - It’s very sweet, flowery, has the nickname [name_f]Mari[/name_f] and [name_f]Posie[/name_f] but we worry about the length and pronunciation of it.
  2. [name_f]Parisa[/name_f] - so pretty, short, and sweet. She could be called [name_u]Paris[/name_u] as a nickname and it just has some nice glimmer to it. It has the same issue with pronunciation as it is supposed to pa ree sha and not just [name_u]Paris[/name_u] with an attached.
  3. [name_u]Angel[/name_u] - the simplest out of the names, but we worry it might be too boring or conceited
  4. [name_f]Sappha[/name_f] - I personally loved this name a lot and have met people with it, and the spelling is very bouncy.
    If you have any other name suggestions as well, that would totally be fine with me.
    Please and Thank u!

Edit: Thank you guys for all the comments. I think at this point my partner and I are going to use Mariposa, Parisa, and Sappha all in her name. With one being her first and the others as her middle name, so now all we gotta do is figured out the order. Thank you guy so much!

3 Likes

I love [name_f]Mariposa[/name_f]! It’s such a beautiful name. Everytime I hear/see it, I smile. I love the nicknames [name_f]Posie[/name_f] and [name_f]Mari[/name_f] too! I don’t think it’d get too many pronunciation issues.
[name_f]Sappha[/name_f] is also really pretty! It reminds me of [name_f]Sappho[/name_f], and I like that connection. I’ve never met anyone with it, so it also seems new and exciting to me.

Parisa is sweet, but I think there might be some pronunciation issues, and [name_u]Angel[/name_u] is a nice name, I just personally prefer it on a boy!

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Mariposa[/name_f]! I’ve never seen it in anyone’s list! I’m so happy to see that you are considering [name_f]Mariposa[/name_f] for your daughter! That’s a magical name :fairy: :butterfly: :hibiscus: Please, use it :pleading_face: It is so colorful and lively.
[name_f]Parisa[/name_f] is very interesting and distinct. It feels very haute couture! At first glance, I would not pronounce it the way you do, so I would probably keep it as a middle name.
[name_u]Angel[/name_u] is adorable, sweet and calm. Yes, it is not as unique as the other options, but it is a beautiful name. It would be a refreshing choice for the middle name spot. [name_f]Angelina[/name_f]/e, [name_f]Angelica[/name_f], [name_f]Angelique[/name_f] and Anjo would be fantastic alternatives.
I’m not a fan of [name_f]Sappha[/name_f], sorry. It’s a little strange for me. What about [name_f]Sapphira[/name_f]/e or [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]/e?

[name_f]Mariposa[/name_f] [name_u]Angel[/name_u] [name_f]Parisa[/name_f] would be stunning! :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

I would go with [name_f]Mariposa[/name_f] [name_f]Parisa[/name_f] [name_f]Sappha[/name_f] or [name_f]Sappha[/name_f] [name_f]Parisa[/name_f] [name_f]Mariposa[/name_f] because the “sha” sound at the end of [name_f]Parisa[/name_f] breaks up the two “a” endings of the other names.

1 Like

Mariposa is beautiful!!

Sappha has a nice sound. What is the meaning?

I vote for [name_f]Mariposa[/name_f] :slight_smile:

For me I associate [name_f]Sappha[/name_f] with the poet [name_f]Sappho[/name_f] and being Sapphic (women attracted to women) which I like but it does makes me feel like I’m just pronouncing [name_f]Sappho[/name_f] wrong (lol).

I’m a little late, but just want to validate that you have some stunning options here! [name_f]May[/name_f] I suggest the arrangement of:

Mariposa [name_f]Sappha[/name_f] [name_f]Parisa[/name_f]

Mariposa is so versatile, and offers so many great nicknames as alternatives. I prefer [name_f]Sappha[/name_f] [name_f]Parisa[/name_f], as opposed to [name_f]Parisa[/name_f] [name_f]Sappha[/name_f]. It flows better to my ears.

Good luck!

1 Like