Marlow?

Can we name our daughter [name]Marlow[/name] if we have an Italian last name ending in “o”?

Also, which spelling…[name]Marlow[/name] or [name]Marlowe[/name]?

Thanks!

[name]Marlow[/name] for spelling and I don’t see a problem with [name]Marlow[/name] “o” ending last name. I went to school with a [name]Marlowe[/name] Wingo

I dislike the name [name]Marlow[/name].

I like the [name]Marlowe[/name] spelling best but I’m not a fan of this name, especially for a girl. Also, I really don’t think it would go with a last name that also ends in O.

I would go with the [name]Marlow[/name] spelling for a girl.

I’m not a personal fan of the name for a girl, but that’s just my opinion! :slight_smile: If you love it, use it.

I think as long as your last name is longer than 2 syllables, it should be fine. Something like [name]Marlow[/name] [name]Cielo[/name] gets to be a little rhymey, but [name]Marlow[/name] [name]Angelo[/name] sounds much better.

[name]Hi[/name]! I vote for the [name]Marlow[/name] spelling, too. While I think a last name that doesn’t end in O would sound better with [name]Marlow[/name], I don’t think an -O last name (I’m thinking of an -o last name like [name]Orlando[/name]) means that you can’t use [name]Marlow[/name]. I think it all depends on your specific last name.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I like [name]Marlowe[/name] better than [name]Marlow[/name] and honestly I like the name a lot more for a girl than I do for a boy.

I like [name]Marlow[/name]! Go for it if you really love it

I like [name]Marlo[/name]/[name]Marlowe[/name] :slight_smile: I think I prefer [name]Marlo[/name], but [name]Marlowe[/name] works better with your last name probably.

Why not remember [name]Marco[/name] [name]Polo[/name]?

I like [name]Marlowe[/name] it emphasises the femininity imo.

btw I love [name]Marlowe[/name]

I like the spelling [name]Marlo[/name] for girls. My college roommate was named [name]Marlo[/name] after [name]Marlo[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]. I think [name]Marlo[/name] would work with a last name ending in O.

I think it depends on the specific name–[name]Marlow[/name] would probably work fine with most O-ending names, but probably not with one that is two syllables with the emphasis on the first.

I agree, if its a longer last name it works well. I prefer [name]Marlow[/name].