Marlowe as a first name?

Thank you for all your feedback. Seems like everyone without exception loves the name [name]Vivienne[/name] and voted for [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Marlowe[/name]. However, my husband thinks [name]Vivienne[/name] sounds a little old fashioned :(. What if we used [name]Marlowe[/name] as a first name?

Some love it and some don’t care for it. We have always liked it. What would be some great middle names for [name]Marlowe[/name]?

We like [name]Violet[/name], [name]Ava[/name], [name]Hadley[/name], [name]Audrina[/name], [name]Kathryn[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Isabelle[/name], [name]Alexandria[/name], [name]Kristina[/name], [name]Vivienne[/name], [name]Skylar[/name], [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Adriana[/name], [name]Natalia[/name], [name]Linnea[/name], [name]Giselle[/name], etc…

Thanks. Also, could we name her [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Marlowe[/name] and always call her by her middle name?

I don’t think that [name]Vivienne[/name] sounds old-fashioned. Perhaps your husband feels that way because [name]Vivienne[/name] is not as popular as some names these days. [name]Vivienne[/name] is a solid citizen, kind-of-classic name that will stand the test of time. [name]Marlowe[/name] is actually a surname, a relatively modern choice that may not have the longevity or appeal of [name]Vivienne[/name]. But the choice is yours. If you’re going to call her [name]Marlowe[/name] anyway, you might as well choose [name]Marlowe[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name].

[name]Marlowe[/name] reminds me of the ghost in Dickens’ A [name]Christmas[/name] [name]Carol[/name] or writer [name]Christopher[/name] [name]Marlowe[/name], a contemporary of [name]Shakespeare[/name]. Either way it seems quite masculine still. I’d consider [name]Harlow[/name] which sounds similar and as the feminine association of actress [name]Jean[/name] [name]Harlow[/name].

[name]Vivienne[/name] definately not old fashioned. Since [name]Jolie[/name]-[name]Pitt[/name] kid it will never be considered that way. It is also a gaining steadily in popularity because of this so put that out of your mind.

I like [name]Marlowe[/name] a lot myself. I think it would be a great choice. It sounds glamourous, modern yet classic and if will transition well to adulthood and in a career someday. Great choice!

I’m not a big fan of calling a kid by their middle name, especially when you set out do so. I think it’s just a confusion mess for them in school and on paperwork when they are adults. And if you like the middle name that much, just do it and make it the first name.

I think [name]Marlowe[/name] and [name]Vivienne[/name] are both fantastic names! I also like the spelling [name]Marlo[/name], which strikes me as slightly more feminine.

Among your middle name options, I really like:

[name]Marlo[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name]
[name]Marlo[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Marlo[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]

[name]Marlo[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name] sounds wonderful too.

i know a baby [name]Marlow[/name] and at first I wasn’t really taken with the name, but I must say, it has grown on me a lot and the name is so unique, spunky and individual. I like it now. It may not be my style, but I certainly appreciate the name for its individuality. Not many Marlows out there (yet).

I think [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Marlowe[/name] is lovely. To be honest, though, [name]Marlowe[/name] as a first name seems a bit masculine. I think of [name]Charles[/name] Dickens’ [name]Christmas[/name] [name]Carol[/name], so to me it’s a male name. It makes a nice middle with the very feminine [name]Vivienne[/name] though! (and for what it’s worth, I don’t think [name]Vivienne[/name] is old fashioned anymore!)