Marlowe vs. Marlene?

See the results of this poll: Marlowe or Marlene?

Respondents: 28 (This poll is closed)

• Marlowe : 15 (54%)
  • Marlene: 13 (46%)

I hate [name]Marlowe[/name], it feels way too masculine and trendy

But!

I [name]LOVE[/name] me some [name]Marlene[/name] [name]Dietrich[/name], and she makes me just love the name, so she gets my vote. (mar-lay-na)

I agree with flick, [name]Marlene[/name] [name]Dietrich[/name] is amazing and so is her name! :slight_smile: [name]Marlowe[/name] does also seem kind of masculine to me. (Sorry flick, it seems like I’m copying you…)

exactly this:p

and [name]Marlowe[/name] sounds distinctly masculine to me because it makes me think of [name]Christopher[/name] [name]Marlowe[/name]

Ditto this. Although, upon seeing [name]Marlene[/name], I thought it was prn. mar-LEEN. I’ve never seen [name]Marlene[/name] [name]Dietrich[/name]'s name written down and always assumed it was spelled [name]Marlena[/name]. You might run into that with pronunciation issues, but even so, I like either prn much better than [name]Marlowe[/name] for exactly the same reasons as flick.

I voted for [name]Marlowe[/name] but if you had [name]Marlena[/name] instead of [name]Marlene[/name] that would have been my first choice, hands down :slight_smile:

I love [name]Marlowe[/name], I’ve met the cutest little girl with that name. [name]Marlene[/name] seems dated to me.

[name]Marlena[/name]
[name]Marlowe[/name]
[name]Marlene[/name] (pronounce [name]Marleen[/name])

My mom is named [name]Marla[/name]…just a thought…

I agree that [name]Marlene[/name] seems dated. I love [name]Marlowe[/name] for a girl.