Marnie VS Dulcie? Which do you prefer? Thanks xx

• Marnie
  • Dulcie

0 voters

I prefer [name_f]Marnie[/name_f], though I can see the appeal of [name_f]Dulcie[/name_f]. [name_f]Dulcie[/name_f] just seems a bit overly sweet for me because dulces are sweets in spanish and the ie ending.

1 Like

I like [name_f]Dulcie[/name_f], [name_f]Dulcinea[/name_f], even [name_f]Dulcibella[/name_f].

Marnie I really don’t like. I think of [name_m]Carney[/name_m] (Carnie?) and [name_m]Arnie[/name_m] and to mar something.

Although I can see using a similar name and calling her [name_f]Marnie[/name_f] as a pet name.

1 Like

I really love [name_f]Dulcie[/name_f]! It’s been one of my guilty pleasures for ages. I especially love it as a nickname for [name_f]Dulcinea[/name_f]! [name_f]Marnie[/name_f] is sweet, but not as lovely to me.

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Marnie[/name_f]. There’s something rugged but sweet about it

1 Like

I love both, but I think [name_f]Dulcie[/name_f] wins out for me!

1 Like

Love [name_f]Dulcie[/name_f] so much! [name_f]Marnie[/name_f] doesn’t appeal to me.

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Marnie[/name_f] I just think it’s a sweet vintage name and has a soulful vibe.

1 Like

I agree with @tori101

There is something annoying about [name_f]Dulcie[/name_f]…maybe because it sounds slightly made up, ive never seen it on anyone, and it reminds me of dulche de leche ice cream.

However there was a time when I thought it was cute.

Marni feels vintage fresh

2 Likes