Martha - Yes or No?

See the results of this poll: Could Martha work on a modern girl?

Respondents: 38 (This poll is closed)

• Yes : 21 (55%)
  • On the right girl : 5 (13%)
  • No: 12 (32%)

I love [name]Martha[/name]! It’s classic and timeless and you could come up with plenty of adorable nicknames ([name]Mattie[/name], [name]Mae[/name], etc).

I could totally see it on a girl, young lady, and woman! She seems like the smart, creative type :slight_smile:

I know a [name]Martha[/name] so it can definitely work :slight_smile:

I say hopelessly dated. It feels so stale to me. I knew two young Marthas who despised their names and went by nicknames constantly.

I know a thirteen year old [name]Martha[/name], and I think it’s really nice on her! I see more classic than dated.

It sounds dated to me, as my step-grandmother’s name is [name]Martha[/name]. Dated along with [name]Marie[/name] and [name]Mary[/name]. I much prefer [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Maeve[/name]. That being said, [name]Mattie[/name] sounds very fresh and spunky.

I think it is very dated and very tied to [name]Martha[/name] [name]Stewart[/name], sorry :frowning: I think the nn [name]Mattie[/name] does liven it up a lot though.

It works very well on a “modern” girl, I know this from firsthand experience. I’m a teenberry, and one of my friends (also a teen) is named [name]Martha[/name]. She wears it very well, she is kind and funny and intelligent, traits I now associate with the name [name]Martha[/name]. It is lovely on paper and off; it’s great for a modern girl!