Mary Delfina or Adela Mary?

See the results of this poll: Which name?

Respondents: 28 (This poll is closed)

• Mary Delfina : 10 (36%)
  • Adela Mary: 18 (64%)

I like [name_f]Adela[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]

I like both a lot, but I prefer the look of [name_f]Adela[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]. The one reservation I have with [name_f]Adela[/name_f] is that the one [name_f]Adela[/name_f] I knew (she spelled it [name_f]Adella[/name_f], which I also prefer) pronounced it [name_m]ADD[/name_m]-eh-lah, not ah-[name_u]DELL[/name_u]-ah, and I vastly prefer that pronunciation. I’m not sure if it’s a Portuguese pronunciation (she was Brazilian), but I just find it vastly more lilting and appealing. Regardless of my pronunciation foibles, though, I like [name_f]Adela[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] much more, and it easily gets my vote. I would love to meet a little [name_f]Adela[/name_f]!

I definitely would go with [name_f]Adela[/name_f]. I personally am not a fan of [name_f]Mary[/name_f]. It’s too simple, boring in a short, common… [name_f]Adela[/name_f] sounds much nicer up front even though my favorite from the bunch would rather be [name_f]Delfina[/name_f].

[name_f]Mary[/name_f] is one of my most favorite names!

I’ve recently come into a greater appreciation of the name [name_f]Mary[/name_f]. I couldn’t use it myself but I think it’s a sweet name, and no longer very common, so it has a certain freshness again. I also love the name [name_f]Delphine[/name_f]/[name_f]Delfina[/name_f], so I’m going to vote for [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Delfina[/name_f] (would love [name_f]Delfina[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]!). [name_f]Adela[/name_f] is quite pretty too, my main reservation is there are a lot of [name_m]Ad[/name_m]- names out there these days, or names that shorten to the nickname [name_f]Addie[/name_f].

[name_f]Adela[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] is gorgeous!

I prefer [name_f]Adela[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f], just because I dislike the first name [name_f]Marry[/name_f]. I would pronounce [name_f]Adela[/name_f] as [name_m]Add[/name_m]-el-a though, and also spell it like [name_f]Adella[/name_f].