Mary’s Top 25 - Little Women Edition

Recently I’ve been trying to put together Top 25s of names that make me happy when I hear them, that I’ve loved consistently and that I feel embody what I really enjoy in a name. I put together a boy’s list relatively easily, but I’ve been struggling with my girls - however, I think I’ve finally cracked it! This is in no way a definitive list of the only names I love or would consider using (some very painful omissions!) but right now these are the choices that just feel ‘right’ when I see them written down - if that makes any sense. No need to comment or anything, just wanted to share!
(Note on [name_u]Josie[/name_u] and [name_f]Gracie[/name_f]: I probably would use [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Grace[/name_f] as full names, but it’s [name_u]Josie[/name_u] and [name_f]Gracie[/name_f] I really adore. Also I know I cheated lumping [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] together as one name. Sorry not sorry.)
:cherry_blossom: Mary’s Top 25 - [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women Edition :cherry_blossom:
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_u]Arden[/name_u]
Bess/Bessie
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] ‘Lottie’
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Cosette[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f] (EE-vuh)
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Gracie[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f] ‘Nell’
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_u]Josie[/name_u]
[name_f]Katharine[/name_f] ‘Kitty’
[name_f]Lilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] (-lyn)
[name_f]Maude[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] (+ [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] & Rosalie)
[name_f]Siena[/name_f]
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]

6 Likes

Oh my goodness your list is dreamy :sparkles:

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites from your list are…

[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Cosette[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] (and all her variants)
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]

We share a lot of favourites!

1 Like

I adore your list; we have such similar loves!! :tulip::two_hearts:

my personal favorites are -

anna
bess :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
caroline
charlotte :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
clara
cosette
delilah
gracie
helena “nell”
lilia
madeleine (love this pronunciation!)
rose :rose:

1 Like

Another great list!

[name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_u]Arden[/name_u], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Eva[/name_f], [name_f]Isobel[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Lilia[/name_f], [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] and [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] are my favourites!!

And, as a side note, I know multiple ‘just Gracies’ who get on fine, so I’d say you can stick it on the list as it is (kind of definitely more interesting than [name_f]Grace[/name_f] :grin:)

1 Like

These are lovely, I particularly like [name_u]Arden[/name_u], [name_f]Bess[/name_f] (I never see this name on here! It’s great to see), [name_f]Helena[/name_f], [name_f]Maude[/name_f], [name_f]Siena[/name_f] and [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]!

1 Like

Great list! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Gracie[/name_f]
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_f]Siena[/name_f]

1 Like

Such a beautiful list! Hard to pick a favorite but my top 5 faves from your amazing list would be:

[name_u]Josie[/name_u] - I have a niece named [name_u]Josie[/name_u], just [name_u]Josie[/name_u] not [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and it stands prettily on its own in my opinion.
[name_f]Siena[/name_f]
[name_f]Gracie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]

1 Like

Such a sweet list! [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Cosette[/name_f], [name_f]Eva[/name_f], [name_f]Lilia[/name_f], [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], and [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] are so lovely!

1 Like

I’m so glad you’ve made this list!

[name_f]My[/name_f] personal favorites are [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Eva[/name_f], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Gracie[/name_f], [name_f]Helena[/name_f], [name_f]Naomi[/name_f], [name_f]Isobel[/name_f], [name_f]Susanna[/name_f], [name_u]Josie[/name_u], and [name_f]Rosa[/name_f]!

1 Like

@tori101 Wow we do share a lot of favourites!! From your UC, [name_f]Marina[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] are two that nearly made the cut, and [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] would be up there if it wasn’t unusable for me
@clair.de.lune I agree the ‘-lyn’ pronunciation is prettier to me than ‘-line’ (my only problen is that it doesn’t rhyme with ‘an old house in [name_u]Paris[/name_u] all covered in vines’)!
@Greyblue and @Sailor22 Great to hear you think [name_u]Josie[/name_u] and [name_f]Gracie[/name_f] can go together! I do quite like [name_f]Grace[/name_f] but [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] really doesn’t do it for me
@floatinthesky I know!! [name_f]Bess[/name_f] is so underrated and lovely, she seems like such a nb choice so I don’t know why she isn’t mentioned more
@greengirl11 thank you! A lot of your favourites are also my favourites
@may.rose thanks! Great to have a vote of confidence on [name_f]Eva[/name_f], it’s not a name I see a lot on this site
@almostactually Aw thank you - not without a lot of stress. I’m so glad you like [name_f]Rosa[/name_f], I really go back and forth between [name_f]Rose[/name_f] variants

6 Likes

I absolutely love your list and we share some favorites too!
[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites from your list are [name_f]Rose[/name_f] + variants (of course haha), [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] + [name_f]Lottie[/name_f], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Susanna[/name_f], [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] and [name_f]Gracie[/name_f] (+ Grace)!

1 Like

@rosefairiie Thank you! Yeah I was thinking when I did feedback on yours how much crossover there was!

1 Like