Mary

[name]How[/name] do you feel about the name [name]Mary[/name] for a girl? It’s a family name from a few generations back, and no on. Although I know it’s been a very popular name in the past, I have only met one [name]Mary[/name], so to me it doesn’t feel like a very ‘current’ choice for a little girl. (Which I like.) Too old? Pretty? Blah? None of the above?

I love it. It’s such a beautiful, classic name that really isn’t used that often anymore. My 2nd daughter is named [name]Mary[/name] (she goes by [name]Molly[/name]) and I’ve only met one other little girl named [name]Mary[/name].

I absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Mary[/name]! It is so quaint and charming.

My friend’s little sister was named [name]Mary[/name]. She passed away a couple weeks shy of her 5th birthday due to joubert syndrome. For me, the name will always be associated with her, but I do love the name.

I actually don’t know any [name]Marys[/name], but I’m not a huge fan of the name, it feels so plain to me, I prefer [name]Maire[/name], or Mhairi.

I have a [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name] so I am bias, but I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Mary[/name]!! It is just such a strong, classic and to me beautiful name!!

I actually [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Mary[/name]! It’s a very pretty and classic name you truly can’t go wrong with, classic, sophisticated, and some adorable nn’s! I like [name]Mary[/name] best with a more distinctive mn, my favourites of which are [name]Mary[/name] [name]Andromeda[/name] and [name]Mary[/name] [name]Indigo[/name].

I really love [name]Mary[/name], and also like it paired with a more distinctive mn.

[name]One[/name] of my favorites names right now. Classic, beautiful, always feminine and timeless!!!

I think it’s a strong, classic name with a host of lovely nicknames. And it’s so unusual today. I was talking with a little [name]Grace[/name] who said her sister’s name was [name]Mary[/name] and I did a total doubletake. No one names their kid [name]Mary[/name] anymore! That being said, I do feel like it has the potential to be a bit lackluster. SO Many women have been named [name]Mary[/name] over the years, but I don’t know if that adds or detracts to the name.

I love [name]Mary[/name]. Well, really any variation of the name gets a thumbs-up from me.

Absolutely. The [name]Grace[/name] [name]Potter[/name] song, [name]Ah[/name] [name]Mary[/name], gives it a rock 'n roll edge, as does [name]Jimi[/name] [name]Hendrix[/name]'s the Wind Cries [name]Mary[/name]…Let it be “Mother [name]Mary[/name] comes to me” - to my ear it’s simple and old-fashioned, but also elegant, and even completely edgy. A hard thing to pull off.

My best friend is named [name]Mary[/name], and is the only one under 30 that I know.

I really like it, though I do feel it needs a fairly interesting middle name - would steer clear of the other handful of Greatest Hits Of Western Civilization names - you know, [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Anne[/name], and [name]Jane[/name]. I like those names too (Okay, most of them…) but I wouldn’t pair them with [name]Mary[/name].

Pretty much anything else can work with [name]Mary[/name], even other traditional, but quirky, names.