Mason rising fast? Help!

Hey Everyone!

I posted a while back that we were due on [name]Valentine[/name]'s [name]Day[/name] and expecting a boy…we had a top 3 names of [name]Aiden[/name], [name]Logan[/name], and [name]Mason[/name]…my husband is so difficult with names, it’s pretty amazing we even got to these 3.

[name]Logan[/name] has now been crossed off the list (thanks hubby! lol). We really really love [name]Aiden[/name]-it’s been our #1-except for the fact of its mega-popularity I do not want to deal with (growing up as a [name]Jennifer[/name] this is all too common). Our cousin works in a pediatrician’s office, and all day long she hears Aidens being called in to see the doctors. The biggest “[name]Aiden[/name]” turn-off is that I found out an ex boyfriend, who we have tons of mutual acquaintances, just had a baby he named “[name]Aidan[/name]”. Sorry, that’s too weird in my opinion (despite the fact that we broke up years ago).

SO… now we’re at [name]Mason[/name]. Which we both really like. Alot. Right now it’s in the 30’s for US popularity, yet in New [name]York[/name] where we live, it’s #50. [name]Do[/name] we think that this name has the potential to become another [name]Aiden[/name] down the line?

We’re not looking for a totally one of a kind name…and I don’t mind if our son is 1 of 3 Masons, as opposed to 1 of 10 Aidens.

This is SO DIFFICULT to decide on, and I am over thinking this [name]WAY[/name] too much…but I am afraid of naming our baby and then hating it after a while. Ughhh…

Thoughts? Thanks in advance…

First up I like [name]Mason[/name]. I am not sure if it will become as popular as [name]Aidan[/name] (which I still like despite its popularity) however, there are a ton of boys names that have the ‘on’ ending and if you go to www.nymbler.com and type in [name]Mason[/name] it will give you lots of alternatives eg [name]Easton[/name] which may fit the bill if you are afraid of popularity.

rollo

Thanks [name]Rollo[/name]! That nymbler site is awesome :smiley:

[name]Happy[/name] to be of help. All the best!

rollo :slight_smile: