Matching initials?

Is it weird for a baby to have exactly the same initials as a parent? The initials would be JRB, matching his dad. The middle name is [name_m]Robert[/name_m], which is my husband’s middle name as well… is it too close?

I don’t see it as a problem. Initials aren’t used that often, let alone a parent’s initials next to the child. I think it’s a sweet, subtle connection compared to using junior which is more in your face.

Not at all!

No, it’s actually pretty sweet. A nice, subtle way of honouring a parent.

I think it would be a sweet link!

I think it’s a sweet, subtle connection as well! One thing to consider is making sure the first names are different enough. Starting with the same letter is totally fine, but I think it would be a bit much to have (for example) a husband named [name_m]Joe[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] B and a son named [name_m]Joel[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] B.

Perfectly fine and quite sweet. I do agree with colls39…make sure the names are different enough, especially the sound.

It’s a great idea!

I don’t see a problem with it

Not a problem at all.

I know people who have actually done it on purpose instead of an honor name. I think it’s really cute.

My initials are almost the same as my Dad’s (CSB, CLB), I always liked it! I’m pretty sure it was an accident though :stuck_out_tongue:

No t weird at all, though I bet most would assume it was intentional. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. :slight_smile:

I think it’d be really sweet. It’s a great way to use an honour name without the potential confusion or limiting options of using the same name or a variant. But even if someone thought it was weird in theory, few people would know, or remember, both full names. [name_m]Even[/name_m] most of my extended family doesn’t remember my full name.