Matilda? Is this a silly name?

I just want to know if it’s a silly name to you? And what do you think about the nn [name]Mattie[/name]?

[name]Love[/name] [name]Matilda[/name], really dislike [name]Mattie[/name] on a girl (cute nn for [name]Matthew[/name] imo…). [name]Tilly[/name] is nice as a nn though.

[name]Jess[/name]

I don’t think it’s silly at all!
Although I must admit I do find it difficult to imagine a [name]Matilda[/name] at around 40 years old, but that’s probably just because I’ve never met one!
Years ago before [name]Matilda[/name] started getting a bit popular (the only [name]Matilda[/name] I had even heard of was the character from the book/movie “[name]Matilda[/name]”) I met one who was about 16- she would be about 22 now. I loved her name and thought it was so different and pretty! She went the nn [name]Tilda[/name] mostly.
I think [name]Mattie[/name] is a cute nn, but my favourite is probably [name]Millie[/name] :slight_smile:
Sorry I’ve gone on a bit… I love [name]Matilda[/name], don’t think it’s silly at all!

I love [name]Matilda[/name]! It’s not silly at all. It’s very stylish at the moment and I definitely see it heading up the charts in the near future. It’s strong, sophisticated and literary, plus celebs have used it. I don’t love [name]Mattie[/name] as a nickname. It’s almost indistinguishable from [name]Maddie[/name] which is ridiculously popular/trendy at the moment. I prefer [name]Milly[/name], [name]Tilly[/name] and [name]Tilda[/name] as nicknames.

[name]Matilda[/name] isn’t silly at all! I prefer [name]Tillie[/name] as a nickname though

Yep, totally agree with the other posters. I love [name]Matilda[/name] (I can’t get DH to agree, though :frowning: ) but would definitely recommend [name]Tillie[/name] or [name]Tilda[/name] as a nn instead of [name]Mattie[/name]. You don’t want her to get lost in the sea of Maddies!