Matilda nn Molly?

So, all of the sudden my SO has decided his favorite girls name is [name]Matilda[/name]. Which is fine with me; I like the name [name]Matilda[/name]. The only thing I don’t like about it is that people will have the tendency to call her [name]Mattie[/name]/[name]Maddie[/name]… which is just, ugh. I hear parents calling their little girls [name]Maddie[/name] all the time and I’m so sick of it. I wouldn’t mind calling her [name]Milly[/name] or [name]Tilly[/name], and I like the idea of calling her [name]Tilda[/name]/[name]Tildy[/name]. But what about [name]Matilda[/name] NN [name]Molly[/name]? Think it’s too much of a stretch?

Also, what do you think of [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Esme[/name] or [name]Matilda[/name] [name]June[/name] as combos? Last name is two syllables and sounds like [name]Hogan[/name]. [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Hogan[/name]; [name]Molly[/name] [name]Hogan[/name].

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Esme[/name] - I don’t normally like to blatantly mix-and-match names from different languages like this, but I love that it’s a mix of my SO’s and my favorite cultures. He lived abroad in Germany for a year (before we met) and is fluent in [name]German[/name], and [name]Matilda[/name] has strong [name]German[/name] roots. [name]Esme[/name] means ‘beloved’ in French, and I speak French, though not fluently. [name]Both[/name] of us have [name]German[/name] heritage, also, and then with nickname [name]Molly[/name] it would tie in the very strong Irish roots in my family.

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]June[/name] - [name]Matilda[/name] for the same reasons as above, and [name]June[/name] after my grandmother [name]Judith[/name].

Her brother would be [name]Donald[/name] [name]Dodge[/name] [name]Hogan[/name]. What would you name a sister?
Thanks in advance!

[name]Do[/name] it! I love [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Molly[/name] (and [name]Esme[/name] too)!

I like [name]Matilda[/name] - cute and will age well. I don’t think [name]Molly[/name] is too much of a stretch. I like [name]Tilly[/name] as an alternative and agree about the [name]Maddie[/name]/[name]Mattie[/name] thing (who wants to call their child “mad” everyday and [name]Mattie[/name] is just a cute nickname for a baby [name]Matthew[/name]). I know an older lady whos name is [name]Matilda[/name] - she goes by [name]Hildy[/name] - which I think would be cute on a baby? [name]Both[/name] [name]June[/name] and [name]Esme[/name] work as middles. The first name which occured to me as a sister to [name]Donald[/name] is [name]Grace[/name]. I actually think [name]Grace[/name] [name]Esme[/name] [name]Hogan[/name] is a lovely name.

[name]Hope[/name] that helps,
[name]Dahlia[/name]