matilda?

i know matilda bay isn’t for everyone. i do have a unique naming style. i’m just not a fan of popular names. we got a lot of heat from family and friends when we first mentioned the name beckett for my son 2 years ago. it was barely in the top 1,000 then. but now everybody loves it!! i just think the sound and meaning of matilda bay is beautiful!

yeah, count me in as another who’s not crazy about [name]Matilda[/name] but thinks the rhythm of [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Bay[/name] is really lovely! the story behind the significance of [name]Bay[/name] is really sweet too…sounds like a winner.

I think [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Beckett[/name] are wonderful names.Great choice.

I love [name]Matilda[/name] because it sounds a bit eccentric. I see that on your list you have included [name]Juniper[/name]. [name]Juniper[/name] sounds a bit eccentric, too.
Other eccentric names that I love:
[name]Audra[/name]
[name]Bettina[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Dottie[/name], a nn for [name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Esmerelda[/name]
[name]Hattie[/name], a nn for [name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Jessamyn[/name]
[name]Leonora[/name]
[name]Millicent[/name]
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name]
[name]Rowena[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Yvette[/name][/quote]

I love a lot of those names you list, [name]Susan[/name]! [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Tamsin[/name], and [name]Stella[/name] are among my very favorites! I guess I don’t put [name]Matilda[/name] in the ‘eccentric’ category–it just sounds, erm, uh, well, to be honest, dumpy to me. I’m sorry if that’s too mean. But obviously I’m in a minority here. I guess the take-away for the original poster is that if you do use [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Bay[/name], a lot of people will love it, but there will be a few who just don’t get it. If that doesn’t bother you, by all means, carry on. :slight_smile:

I will say that even if the first name doesn’t resonate with me, the rhythm of [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Bay[/name] is lovely.[/quote]

The main reason I love the name [name]Matilda[/name] is because I love the book “[name]Matilda[/name]” by [name]Roald[/name] Dahl. The character named [name]Matilda[/name] in the book is so charming and smart. She is wonderful.
Lots of times I thought a name was dumpy, silly, or weird, and then because of a real live person, a character in a book, or even a Nameberryite who loves a name, I start to love certain names that I never thought I would love such as:

[name]Freya[/name] - because of Nameberry
[name]Ruby[/name] - ditto

[name]Hudson[/name] - because of Nameberry
[name]Linus[/name] - because of [name]Linus[/name] in the movie “[name]Sabrina[/name]”

I could think of many more. This quandry of changing my mind about names is one of the reasons I love to go on Nameberry.

Perfect!

Perfect!

I like [name]Matilda[/name]. It”s very cute; and the nickname [name]Tilly[/name] is actually one of my favorites for it. (: Anyhow, I also love [name]Mathilde[/name] ” it”s French, and basically said how it”s spelled, in a way. If that makes any sense xD Oh, and I”ve always thought of [name]Milly[/name]/ [name]Millie[/name] as a great nickname for [name]Matilda[/name].