Maudeline

Hello Berries!

What do you think of the name Maudeline? I find it very intriguing - half [name]Maud[/name], half [name]Madeline[/name] (but not at all maudlin). I just haven’t been able to stop thinking of this name. I’m pronouncing in Mauh-de-line in my head. Does it come off as a smooshy Renesme? What middle name would you put with it? If you met a little Maudeline what would you think?

I’d love to hear your thoughts!

Cheers!

˙·٠•”:heart: [name]Poppy[/name]

It is def not my style but if you like it it’s cool!:slight_smile:

Sorry the first thing that came to mind before I even looked at your post was maudlin, it would perhaps be a recurring problem throughout her life.

I’d think it’s a misspelling/made up version of [name]Madeline[/name]. The pronunciation is pretty though. It does seem Renesmeeesque though.

Maudeline [name]Nicole[/name]
Maudeline [name]Chloe[/name]
Maudeline [name]Charlotte[/name]
Maudeline [name]Isabelle[/name]
Maudeline [name]Lux[/name]

If I met a girl named Maudeline, I’d think she’d be a quiet and introverted girl. I’d also think her mom was either a name fanatic, or read Twilight.

I think it would get prn like maudlin too much to consider it as a name.

I don’t care for it very much, I’d prefer either name on their own. If you like it, go for it. However, I warn you that people will probably pronnounce it Maudlyn.

• [name]Athena[/name]

You guys are awesome! It is a pretty out-there name, and maybe a little too close to maudlin for comfort, but I still really dig it! I think Maudeline [name]Pearl[/name] would be nice (and yes, extremely lacey).

Definitely too close to maudlin. She wouldn’t be teased by other children, but that’s exactly what all the parents would be thinking.

I think of maudlin too…I think [name]Maude[/name] is pretty cute though and I love [name]Madeleine[/name]/[name]Madeline[/name], just not them smooshed together!

I love [name]Madeline[/name] and I like [name]Maude[/name]…to me it sounds a little like someone with a very nasal accent saying [name]Madeline[/name]. I think she’d have to explain it to a lot of people…

That said, I dont think its Renesme bad or anything!