Maya's sister needs a name

[name]Hi[/name] all,

I have posted before and thought the husband and I were decided on the name of our baby on the way, but that has changed and I am back at square one. My 3 year old’s name is [name]Maya[/name]. My husband likes the name [name]Kyra[/name], while I am leaning towards [name]Lola[/name] or [name]Stella[/name], though I am not in love with either. I like [name]Kyra[/name], but when I have run it past my friends and family, everyone has responded with “Oh, [name]Cara[/name]?” and I do believe that that would drive me insane. So, let me know what you think, I would really appreciate any help! Also if you have an awesome name other than these three that would sound great with [name]Maya[/name], let me know!! Thanks a bunch!

[name]Hi[/name], again! :slight_smile:

[name]Kyra[/name]: I can see it with [name]Maya[/name], although I know I’d personally make a tongue-twister out of [name]Maya[/name] and [name]Kyra[/name]. (I can see myself saying [name]Maya[/name] and [name]Kaya[/name]…) I’m wondering if people may accidentally mispronounce [name]Kyra[/name] as [name]Ky[/name] (rhymes with “pie”)-ruh, which sounds like [name]Maya[/name]. (I knew a [name]Kyra[/name] who faced that issue growing up…)

Some alternatives: [name]Cora[/name], [name]Carys[/name], or [name]Calla[/name]

[name]Lola[/name]: I think this is wonderful with [name]Maya[/name], and to me, it’s less similar to [name]Maya[/name] than [name]Kyra[/name] is. (I’m giving my vote to [name]Lola[/name]…) :slight_smile: You may also like [name]Paloma[/name] with [name]Maya[/name], for which [name]Susan[/name] once suggested that [name]Lola[/name] could be a nickname.

[name]Stella[/name]: At one time, [name]Stella[/name] sounded exotic to me (like [name]Maya[/name]), but now it feels more vintage, like [name]Lila[/name]. I think it works with [name]Maya[/name], but I personally can better see [name]Maya[/name] and [name]Lola[/name] together.

[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Carys[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]/[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Luciana[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name] (nickname [name]Lola[/name]…)
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Raphaela[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]/[name]Simona[/name]
[name]Viviana[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

As always jill has wonderful suggestions- these are my favorites:

[name]Calla[/name] (maybe if you wanted a longer more formal name Callandra with [name]Calla[/name] as the nn)
[name]Carys[/name]- love love love this
[name]Camille[/name]- so cute with the nn milly
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name] (nickname [name]Lola[/name])- love this

If you are heavily leaning towards [name]Stella[/name], maybe make [name]Stella[/name] the nn and have a [name]Estella[/name] or [name]Estrella[/name] as the first name…

[name]Maya[/name] is a beautiful name and I’m sure her little sister will have a beautiful name too! :slight_smile:

My girls are [name]Kira[/name] (kee-rah) and [name]Mia[/name] (mee-ah). I honestly thought that [name]Kyra[/name] was pronounced keye-rah. Am I wrong? I stand corrected I just found a link to the pronunciation and found it as kee-rah. My daughter [name]Kira[/name] has been called keye-rah a lot as well as [name]Mia[/name] being called meye-ah. Now that I’m all straightened out I like [name]Kyra[/name] and [name]Maya[/name]. I do however think that you will run into some miss-pronunciations with [name]Kyra[/name].
Another thing I just want to add is, we are now going to add to our family and if it is another girl we are having a hard time with names. [name]Kira[/name] and [name]Mia[/name] are very matchy and finding other names to either match or compliment with out being cutesy is hard.
[name]Lola[/name] is our [name]Boston[/name] Terriers name and I wish we had given her a different name because I do feel it would be a cute addition to [name]Kira[/name] and [name]Mia[/name]. With that said I think that [name]Maya[/name] and [name]Lola[/name] would also make a very nice sib set.

I vote for [name]Paloma[/name], nn [name]Lola[/name], or [name]Carys[/name]!

[name]Maya[/name] is very pretty, by the way.

Good luck!

I love [name]Lola[/name] for a sister for [name]Maya[/name]!

Thank You for all of your suggestions, I like a few but my husband said no to all, so I am still on the lookout for that perfect name. Who knew it would be so difficult?

[name]Maya[/name] means enchantment and so does Lilura

[name]Maya[/name] and Lilura nn [name]Lily[/name]

also

Arima which means soul

[name]Maya[/name] and Arima