Mayim nn Maya? What do you think?

So I have always loved the name [name_f]Maya[/name_f], but I live in a hippyish area where there are TONS of Mayas so I started considering it as a nickname. The name [name_f]Mayim[/name_f] has always been hovering in the back of my head, but I didn’t fall in love with it until I thought of the nn [name_f]Maya[/name_f]. I love the water meaning, and there is someone super special to me who’s name also means water in a different language. I love that it connects me to my culture (I’m Jewish and a fluent Hebrew speaker) and the more I say it the more I fall in LOVE. I’m wondering what you think, leave me a comment or rate it out of ten. Also, what are some good middle options that could work well when said with [name_f]Mayim[/name_f] and with [name_f]Maya[/name_f]. Thanks!!!

4 Likes

Mayim is great

1 Like

glad to hear that!!

It’s very pretty! Another one that came to mind is [name_f]Amaya[/name_f]/Amaia

3 Likes

How is [name_f]Mayim[/name_f] pronouced? Is it [name_f]My[/name_f]-im or [name_f]May[/name_f]-im?

Mayim and [name_f]Amaya[/name_f] are both lovely! [name_f]Amaia[/name_f] is a lovely spelling, too.

1 Like

My-im

Yes, I think it’s really pretty!

1 Like

I love both [name_f]Mayim[/name_f] and [name_f]Maya[/name_f]! I think [name_f]Maya[/name_f] would be a beautiful nickname for [name_f]Mayim[/name_f] :white_heart:

1 Like

It’s very pretty.

1 Like

I love it! [name_f]Mayim[/name_f] Bialik is also a great association/namesake :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love [name_f]Maya[/name_f]! Especially with the Hebrew origins. :heart: Unfortunately [name_f]Mayim[/name_f] and [name_u]Maayan[/name_u] haven’t appealed to me as much as just [name_f]Maya[/name_f], but I can see why you’re hesitant. As much as I’m not a [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] fan, that could be another option for the nn [name_f]Maya[/name_f] if you need it? I do like [name_f]Mayim[/name_f] more than that though. :joy:. It’s an intriguing choice. What would you pair with it? I associate it so much with the actress from The Big Bang [name_u]Theory[/name_u] that I’ve never really considered it as a viable option but the more I read it and mull over it the more intriguing I find it.

2 Likes

How about just Mayan? Easily recognizable, yet different…

1 Like

I like [name_f]Mayim[/name_f] and love the origins for you. It seems like it holds a lot of meaning and still gives you [name_f]Maya[/name_f] as a nickname.
[name_f]Mayim[/name_f] [name_f]Avigail[/name_f] is a gorgeous combination
[name_f]Mayim[/name_f] [name_f]Adinah[/name_f]
[name_f]Mayim[/name_f] [name_f]Chava[/name_f]
[name_f]Mayim[/name_f] [name_f]Bina[/name_f]

1 Like

I’m Jewish and I personally like [name_f]Mayim[/name_f] but every other person I’ve asked says they don’t like it and fluent Hebrew speakers would think it’s weird. I love the suggestion of [name_u]Maayan[/name_u]! [name_f]Mina[/name_f] is also a nice alternative.

3 Likes