Mayme

I have a daughter named [name]Tatum[/name] and baby girl #2 will be here in 10 days! We are thinking about the name [name]Mayme[/name]. I need some feedback and A MIDDLE NAME TO GO ALONG WITH [name]MAYME[/name]!

OK, once again, you’ve stumped the master. Is [name]Mayme[/name] a one-syllable or two-syllable name? If two, why would you not spell it [name]Mamie[/name]? Perhaps [name]Mamie[/name] feels more like a nickname while [name]Mayme[/name] seems more complete in itself? Though do you really want to answer the spelling and pronunciation question for the next century??

Well it’s pronounced [name]May[/name]-Mee and I guess we just prefer that spelling. I honestly didn’t think the spelling would be an issue. Any thoughts on middle names?

I would spell it [name]Mamie[/name]. Its the more traditional spelling, and the spelling [name]Mayme[/name] leaves me wondering whether its pronounced [name]Mame[/name]. I do like the name though - my grandmother went by [name]Mamie[/name] although her real name was [name]Rachel[/name] [name]May[/name].

Well now I’m totally rethinking the name [name]Mayme[/name]. I’m not too big on spelling it [name]Mamie[/name], maybe because the only [name]Mayme[/name] I’ve ever known spelled it [name]Mayme[/name]. Well ladies I suppose we have to start looking at some new names. I like [name]Leni[/name], [name]Honey[/name]… oh my… I only have 10 days, now I’m stressed out lol

[name]Mayme[/name]- This spelling looks too trendy for me
[name]Mamie[/name]- [name]Just[/name] makes me think of Mommy or Mama

I think these names are cute with [name]Tatum[/name]:
[name]Ansley[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Presley[/name]

[name]Mayme[/name] makes me think of ‘maim’, which doesn’t have such a great meaning. I like [name]Leni[/name] much better.

I, too, think of the word ‘maim’. I would definitely not spell it [name]Mayme[/name], because I think most people will pronounce it with one syllable. Actually, now that I think about it, [name]Mamie[/name] kind of sounds like ‘maim me’… also, [name]Tatum[/name] and [name]Mamie[/name] are really close in sound.If you really like it as a name, I would use it as a nickname for something more substantial. [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Mabel[/name], [name]Maeve[/name], or even something like [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]May[/name] would work. Here are names that could work with [name]Tatum[/name]:

[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Mia[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Caitlin[/name]
[name]Alison[/name]