Mc names?

I see lots of people dont like these names such as [name]Mckenzie[/name], [name]Mckinley[/name], so on and so forth. Also not much loves goes around for the Ma names, like [name]Makenna[/name], [name]Makayla[/name] so on and so forth. Im just wondering why they seem so bad i guess, [name]Just[/name] a bit curious:)

I think in the traditional Irish sense, Mc means “son of” so people have that problem with this type of name typically given to girls.

For names that are not Irish surnames, to mimic that sound and style, like [name]McKayla[/name] or [name]Makayla[/name] (I believe that’s the most popular spelling), and anything else that’s NOT an authentic Mc- surname, it still means “son of” but now you’ve made it kind of a negative term, I feel. There was a recent thread asking how to spell [name]Michaela[/name] or should go with the popular [name]Makayla[/name] - the OP said people did not even recognize [name]Michaela[/name] as the same name. Behind the Names categorizes [name]Michaela[/name] with [name]Michael[/name], in fact, and [name]Makayla[/name] with [name]Katherine[/name] - [name]Kay[/name] --> [name]Kayla[/name], [name]Kay[/name] is a traditional diminutive of [name]Katherine[/name], even with the Mc or Ma prefix! Amazing.

Ultimately, I think it sounds like negative terms like McMansion and although “[name]McDonald[/name]” is an authentic surname, it’s a little unusable as the fast food and the song “Old [name]MacDonald[/name]”; however, they promote a lot of their branded food, like McGriddle, McMuffin, etc., so that names that start Mc- start to sound a little phony, fake Irish, and likened to cheap fast food. The term “McMansion” is a rip on this speed and mass-market delivery and consumption of product - it’s not a matter of quality, so names like this don’t sound high quality.

That’s why I take away from it if it’s an invention and not the least bit of actual Irish name. I think actual Irish names are ok, even if they do mean “son of”, and I think the name [name]Michaela[/name] is ok.