Me again! Still undecided. Which girl name do you prefer?

See the results of this poll: Which name do you like best?

Respondents: 42 (This poll is closed)

• Eva: 26 (62%)
  • Evalie (nn Eva): 6 (14%)
  • Elysia (nn Ellie): 10 (24%)

I really want a longer name, but Evalie and [name]Elysia[/name] sort of sound made up to me. :frowning:

I agree that Evalie seems made up. I like [name]Eva[/name] just as it is - a lovely, classic, feminine but not frilly name. If you want a longer version that definiately leads to [name]Eva[/name] as nn (and not [name]Evie[/name]), how about:
[name]Evangeline[/name]/a
[name]Geneva[/name]
[name]Genoveva[/name]
Otherwise, I would just go with [name]Eva[/name] since that is the name you love.

[name]Hi[/name], buggins!

I agree that Evalie looks made up, much more so than [name]Evalina[/name] ever did. I’d drop this one, personally.

[name]Elysia[/name] is pretty, but it’s not going to get you [name]Eva[/name] - the name you really like - and it reminds me of the Elysian Fields, which is the term for the final resting place of heroes in Greek mythology. Yes, that’s nice, but I’d rather not name my child after something associated with dead people, even if they are heroes. You get me?

[name]Eva[/name] is simple, classic, feminine, and lovely. I’d definitely say this is the name for you! However, are you saying it like EE-vah or [name]Ava[/name]? [name]Just[/name] curious…

I loved the suggestion of [name]Evangeline[/name] to get to [name]Eva[/name] if you want a longer name, but [name]Evangelina[/name] or [name]Evangelia[/name] might be better since they end in A - seems less likely to get you [name]Eve[/name] or [name]Evie[/name]…

Take care!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

If you really love [name]Eva[/name], just [name]Eva[/name] is fine.
[name]Evangeline[/name] would also be my first suggestion. [name]Genevieve[/name] may be another alternative since [name]Evie[/name] can be a nn for it. I don’t see why [name]Eva[/name] couldn’t be a nn as well.

I have an [name]Evelyn[/name] who I call [name]Eva[/name]. Why can’t [name]Evelina[/name] be an [name]Eva[/name]? or you could even spell it [name]Evalina[/name]. I don’t think [name]Evelina[/name] sounds made up as much as Evalie does.

just thought of this: how about [name]Eva[/name] [name]Leigh[/name] or some variation?

I really like all the names you listed :slight_smile: But probably prefer the simple [name]Eva[/name]. Are you prn it eh-vuh or ee-vuh?My personal favorite [name]Eva[/name] name is [name]Evalena[/name]… it wasn’t so well received here when I asked opinions, but I think it is stunning. Best wishes.

[name]Hi[/name]! :slight_smile:

I voted for [name]Eva[/name]. I think it’s a beautiful name, and you love it!

I hope you choose the name that makes you the happiest!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Ditto.

I really love the name [name]Eva[/name]! If I had two more daughters, I would strongly consider [name]Eva[/name] for one of them. It is not too short. After all, it is a TWO-syllable name!

[name]Eva[/name] is by far my favorite!