Me and DH both love but is it too out there???

I love unique names but I don’t want them to be so very strange that everyone will look at him like he’s a freak when he tells them his name. Anyway the name we love is [name]Amadeus[/name]. I know its definitely different but we love it and we love the meaning which is: God is [name]Love[/name]. If we went with it we would put a one syllable MN with it if anyone has any suggestions on that. Opinions please!

I like [name]Amadeus[/name] a lot! It’s very striking, and I love the meaning of it, as well. I think it would be adorable for a little boy. I think you need a tamer MN if he doesn’t love it as he grows up (I think something like [name]Amadeus[/name] [name]Henry[/name] or [name]Amadeus[/name] [name]Jack[/name] would be lovely!). I haven’t heard it mentioned on name boards a lot, but when it is, it doesn’t seem to get very good reviews. Still, I think a little [name]Amadeus[/name] would be just wonderful.

I also love the association to [name]Mozart[/name]. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I think an [name]Amadeus[/name] would be very nickname to meet. (I’d probably nickname a kiddo with this name “[name]Day[/name]” or “Wolfie”)

Edited for privacy.

My daughter hade a kid in her daycare named [name]Amadeo[/name], and he was part hispanic. We were in [name]Barnes[/name] and [name]Noble[/name] and I kept hearing her saying what sounded like “[name]Amadeus[/name]! [name]Amadeus[/name]!” and I thought, “[name]Mozart[/name]?”…then later she pointed him out and said he was in her class. I think it was cute on him. [name]Amadeus[/name] still reminds me of [name]Mozart[/name] though, not a bad thing, but the association is strong.

I think [name]Amadeus[/name] would be awesome. Kudos to any parent cool enough to use it.

Go for it! If you love it then you should use it. I have always liked unique names and I don’t think that it is too far out there. I know my brother and his wife went through this with their daughter, [name]Klovis[/name], but now she is 2 and I [name]LOVE[/name] her name and think it suits her perfectly. So I say go for it. :slight_smile: [name]Amadeus[/name] [name]Lane[/name] or [name]Amadeus[/name] [name]Finn[/name] sound good together. Well Good luck!

Thanks for all the great feedback everyone! I think we have decided to go for it!

Saracita00: Have you been following?

I love the name. My husband has an affinity for [name]Amadeo[/name] but decidedly would never use it in real life. I think it’s quite nice.

It’s not my taste personally but I think if you love the name you should use it, so go for it!! Good luck.