Me ranting just because

Consideration of the day: school sucks. Today was my first day back in school and it was the most unpleasant experience someone could ever endure, it literally makes me want to burst into tears when I think about these 9 months ahead of me :sob:

10 Likes

I relate so much :grin: Especially with:

But my family decided to do homeschooling so today was my last day at (online) school :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@penelope_lynson I was doing just fine at home and no one understands me :((

2 Likes

Yes, yes, yes! [name_m]Can[/name_m]’t I just graduate already?! Ahhhhh! :sob:

2 Likes

@MG1257 You work so hard to receive an academic degree just because society manipulates you into thinking you need a piece of paper to become someone relevant in this world :pensive:

2 Likes

I’m not at school anymore, I already have a degree, but I just wanted to say that school is not a pleasant experience for tons of people and you are definitely not the only one who dislikes it. Mine was okay but loads of my friends hated school. The general schooling system is not suitable for everyone, I know.

Please stay strong, it will get better, I promise. Sending positive thoughts your way and feel free to rant if you feel like it.

6 Likes

Aw that sucks. I’m sorry that you’re experiencing that.

I too had a very miserable time when I was at school so I totally get it. Try to be gentle with yourself and remember that you do not deserve to hurt, and that in time, as @moonstone has said, things will improve.

I would advise writing a diary. Don’t force it and don’t stick to a schedule, just try to write how you’re feeling and what you’ve been through when you need to.

Remember that you deserve love, peace and happiness no matter what, and if something is intervening with that, try to talk to someone, perhaps a counsellor at school, or a counsellor via Childline 1-2-1 chat.

Also, never believe that you aren’t good, smart or valuable enough, or haven’t got the potential to do something. As someone who was brought up to believe such nonsence at home and at school, I can tell you that that isn’t true.

Good luck. As someone who went through the same thing and am now long out of school, I am setting out into the world to attempt to change this negative experience that so many of us go through, and i’m sure i’m not the only one :wink: So there are people out there that care.

Hold on and try to look after yourself, okay!

2 Likes

Sorry. [name_m]Just[/name_m] try to remember… school doesn’t last forever. You’ll be done with it one day.

1 Like

We have online school still. Only 9-12 grade is opening up at my school(1st grade-12 grade)

1 Like

@moonstone @ferix08 First of all, thank you so much for sharing your experiences and reassuring me with the kindest words. I truly appreciate you, it may not seem a lot but reading your comments made me feel understood as I’ve never felt before and hopefully, I’ll find the peace of mind I’m desperately searching for one day.

@Summs this is honestly what keeps me going! Anyway thank you for your concern!

@12queen Not sure whether that is a blessing or a curse because I have mixed feelings about online school as the good introvert that I am, but it probably means your country has such a high rate of people affected by the virus that it’s not safe for you to attend school in presence so on a second thought it’s not a good thing at all.

2 Likes

So here there aren’t really houses. It’s almost all apartments and some villas. and in [name_f]India[/name_f] there is no way to social distance.

1 Like

@12queen Now that you’ve informed me about what is going on in your state, I realize how lucky I am to live in a country where the government handled the situation quite well, providing hospital rooms dedicated to intensive care units and saving lives of families that were affected by the virus. At the same time I’m so sorry the situation got worse for you, as far as I know [name_f]India[/name_f] is one of the most affected countries in the world and the fact you told me the national health care isn’t working well makes me think about how unfair it is for someone not to have free medical assistance when it’s literally tearing citizens apart. No one deserves this evil treatment.

1 Like

Yea, everyone is trying really hard but you have to pay ur own medical bills and u wont get treatment until you pay, and so many people live on the streets.

1 Like

This was so heartbreaking to read & if there was something I could do to help I’d do it with no hesitation. I offer you my thoughts, prayers and best wishes in hopes it will all end soon :cry:

1 Like

Yea. I lived in the US until this [name_f]Summer[/name_f]. We’re fortunate, and I really want to help people out on the streets since I have the ability to. But it’s really dangerous. I’ve been planning to start an organization to help homeless people get better living conditions, but considering the circumstances and me being a 12-year-old, it’s going to take years.

1 Like

@12queen I have so much respect and admiration for you right now, the fact you’re so young but willing to volunteer and help people in need says a lot about you! [name_m]Even[/name_m] if it’s going to take years, don’t give up on this!! The world definitely needs all the help it can get and more compassionate people like you

1 Like

Aww thanks! I just want the world to be as perfect as it can be and just do my part. If everyone has the basics, it’s a start. Like, we(meaning ids my age) want the best brands. But the kids who are less fortunate want food. They’re happy with a bite. The world is a mess, and if I can help out one, just one person, it’ll be a start. I just want everyone to have equal opportunity, and it’s a bit sad that not everyone thinks like that.

1 Like

@12queen I agree, many people who have always lived surrounded by wealth don’t perceive poverty as much as the ones who have experienced it first hand. I believe we can make great changes if we work together as a team, but unfortunately it’s not that easy as each one of us has different morals and values. If only it were that simple to get on well with people :confused:

1 Like