Meaningful middle name for Louisa??

[name]Hi[/name] Berries!

We have a list of about 4 names for our baby girl due in 4 weeks but have recently discovered [name]Louisa[/name] and think it might be in the number one spot right now. We love the meaning -warrior - especially due to the fact we have waited 5 years for this baby and it has taken 4 IVF’s to get her, so she is like our little fighter. I would really love to find a middle name that goes well with [name]Louisa[/name] and also means something to us. I am a [name]Christian[/name] so perhaps something related to her being a blessing, miracle, or a gift from God or something like that. So far we have only really come up with

[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

My favourite of those is probably [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] but the problem we have there is that one of my husband’s sisters has [name]Jane[/name] as her middle name and we are worried if we use it too, his other sister may feel upset and left out, so we may just have to give that one up. Can anyone think of any other middle names for [name]Louisa[/name] that would fit with what we are looking for? We really want to give our baby the perfect name she deserves!!

Thank you!

[name]Louisa[/name] is gorgeous!

[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Joan[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Janine[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Hope[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Joy[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Gabrielle[/name]

[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Zooey[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Giselle[/name]

I love the meaning for the name! I like the previous suggestions of [name]Janine[/name], [name]Zooey[/name] (though I would spell it correctly as [name]Zoe[/name]),

Here’s some names you might like for the middle:

[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name] – gift of god
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Janice[/name] – god’s gracious gift
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Shay[/name] – gift
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Ann[/name] – god has favored me
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Belle[/name] – god’s promise
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Doretta[/name] – gift of god
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Siobhan[/name]/[name]Shavonne[/name] – god is gracious – pronounce shi-vawn*
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Eliana[/name] – god has answered me
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Blithe[/name] – joyful
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Winifred[/name] – blessed peace*
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] – voyager through life*
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Gwyneth[/name] – luck

Or you could go with Blessing…[name]Louisa[/name] Blessing.

Oooh, I like [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Joy[/name].

Other suggestions (biblical names/names that mean gift from God and other variations)
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Rachel[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Faith[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Joan[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Michaela[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Michelle[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Ariel[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Verity[/name]

I love dantea’s suggestion of [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Belle[/name], [name]Louisa[/name] Blessing, or [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name].

The first combo that came in mind (although it puts [name]Louisa[/name] in the middle) is- [name]Mia[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] which means “my warrior”.

What about [name]Miriam[/name]? It means “wished for child”, and has biblical and historical roots. [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] is a lovely combination, and it would add a nice, sweet meaning to the name.

[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Joy[/name] and [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Faith[/name] are my favorites of the ones suggested so far! Showing your joy of finally having her or your faith that God would give you a baby!

[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]-joy of the Father
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]-joy
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Audrey[/name]-noble strength
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Gabrielle[/name]-God is my strength
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Millie[/name]-strength
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Ann[/name]-gracious, merciful

Oh I love [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Joy[/name]. That was going to be my first suggestion but I see someone already said it. I second it though. [name]Just[/name] lovely.

[name]Louisa[/name] is such a beautiful name! I really like your idea of having the whole name be really meaningful. :slight_smile:

I’m really liking the sound of [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Joy[/name] as well, but here are some other ideas anyway:

[name]Babette[/name] – I know it has a different sound to it, but it means “my God is plentiful” so it could stand for the idea that God has blessed you with this child. Also, there is an old French film (with subtitles) called “[name]Babette[/name]'s Feast” and the character [name]Babette[/name] is very sweet.

[name]Imogene[/name] or [name]Imogen[/name] – means “beloved.”

[name]Raine[/name] – I like thinking of this name as standing for a blessing. From what I can tell, the actual meanings range from “queen” to “strong” to “she is singing.” Anyway, I love the sound of [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Raine[/name]. :slight_smile:

Wow thank you all you so much!! There are so many lovely suggestions!
I love [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Joy[/name] and [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Faith[/name]! My husband is not so keen on [name]Joy[/name] for some reason but think it is my favourite. He actually does like quite a few of them though so that’s good! We both like [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Gabrielle[/name] and [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Abigail[/name] and also maybe [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]. So glad to have a few more to pick from now!
Thank you!