Meg Madelief

Totally inspired by the “hygge” thread, I’ve remembered how much I love [name_f]Meg[/name_f]! [name_m]Just[/name_m] [name_f]Meg[/name_f] - I’m a big fan of short, sweet, solid names.

What do you berries think of [name_f]Meg[/name_f] [name_f]Madelief[/name_f] (mah-deh-LEEF) as a combo? My husband will never agree to it because of the Family [name_m]Guy[/name_m] connection but a girl can dream… :wink:

I like the flow and sound of the combo.

Adorable!
I love both names

I love [name_f]Meg[/name_f], it’s so pretty! However I’m not a fan of [name_f]Madelief[/name_f] and I feel like it takes away from the simple elegance of [name_f]Meg[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Madelief[/name_f] and think combo is gorgeous. I prefer [name_f]Megan[/name_f], though.

I think [name_f]Meg[/name_f] and Madeleif are both really sweet but I am not keen on the flow of them together

[name_m]How[/name_m] cool is this! I started the hygge thread and am so glad someone else loves [name_f]Meg[/name_f]. [name_f]Megan[/name_f] ([name_f]Meghan[/name_f]) does nothing for me, but [name_f]Meg[/name_f]… it is so much more than its three little letters. Goes back to nutmeg and childhood baking and [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women for me.

And I [name_f]ADORE[/name_f] [name_f]Madelief[/name_f], so refreshing.

And the combination is, to me, divine!

I don’t watch Family [name_m]Guy[/name_m] so I’m not sure about that connection, but I’d love to meet a [name_f]Meg[/name_f] [name_f]Madelief[/name_f]. The name is pure poetry!

[name_u]Leslie[/name_u]

I, too like simple [name_f]Meg[/name_f] much, much better than any of its long versions. Mad- names in general are not my cup of tea, but [name_f]Meg[/name_f] [name_f]Madelief[/name_f] isn’t bad. I think the alliteration and syllable pattern work well.

Adorable. What’s wrong with [name_f]Meg[/name_f] [name_m]Griffin[/name_m]?! lol

I don’t dislike it, but I also don’t find [name_f]Meg[/name_f] that appealing, sorry. I love [name_f]Madelief[/name_f], but together I feel like they clash in style.

I like [name_f]Meg[/name_f] but find [name_f]Madelief[/name_f] a bit silly.

Thank you for your honest feedback, everyone :slight_smile:

And @lesliemarion, thank you for reminding me of [name_f]Meg[/name_f]! I totally agree that it’s a lot more than its three short letters - it feels strong and feisty and sweet and wholesome all at the same time. And somehow lengthening it to [name_f]Megan[/name_f] or [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] loses that vibe for me.

I prefer [name_f]Meg[/name_f] over [name_f]Megan[/name_f], but [name_f]Madelief[/name_f] just seems too fancy to be next to a simple elegant name like [name_f]Meg[/name_f].
[name_f]Meg[/name_f] [name_f]Azalea[/name_f] though, that sounds nice

i love [name_f]Meg[/name_f] [name_f]Madelief[/name_f]!