Meghan, Duchess of Sussex has given birth to a son! Name predictions!

[name_f]Meghan[/name_f] Markle gave birth to a baby boy earlier this morning. I know most people thought it was going to be a girl and I was definitely one of those people, so I thought it’d be fun to guess what they’re going to call him and see who’s right. We’ll probably only have a couple of days to guess before the name is decided/announced.

So I guess I’ll start:

I think he’s going to be named either [name_m]Patrick[/name_m], [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] or [name_m]Alexander[/name_m].

You can guess just the first name or his middle names too, whichever you prefer. If they follow [name_f]Kate[/name_f] Middleton and [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m]'s lead, he’ll have two middles, so there you go.

[name_u]Dorian[/name_u] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] or [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] are mine predictions.

I could see them using [name_u]Spencer[/name_u], since it was [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Di[/name_f]'s maiden name and fits with the American trend of surnames as first names.

[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]!

I really like [name_u]Dorian[/name_u], [name_u]Francis[/name_u] and [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] for middle names. My favorite first names are: [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Philip[/name_m] and [name_m]Edward[/name_m]. I think [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] was very used least year and I would prefer to see somethig different. [name_m]Charles[/name_m] was already honored twice with [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_m]Louis[/name_m]. I want to believe they won’t use [name_m]George[/name_m], [name_m]Charles[/name_m], [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Louis[/name_m]. For some reason, I can’t see them pick [name_m]William[/name_m]. I think maybe it’s time to see [name_m]David[/name_m]. I would love them to honor some women rights or civil rights activists with names like [name_m]Martin[/name_m] ([name_m]Luther[/name_m] [name_m]King[/name_m]), [name_m]Angelo[/name_m] ([name_f]Maya[/name_f] [name_f]Angelou[/name_f]) and [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] ([name_f]Susan[/name_f] B. [name_m]Anthony[/name_m]).

Possible names:
[name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Philip[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]

Maybe possible:
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_u]Dorian[/name_u](I would love it!)
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Philip[/name_m]
[name_m]Leonard[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]Albert[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_m]Bernard[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Angelo[/name_m] [name_m]Christian[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m]
[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Martin[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] [name_u]Dorian[/name_u]

I’m still leaning towards [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] but I’d love to see [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] - it has that American feel whilst still honouring [name_m]Harry[/name_m]'s mother.

My guesses now would be [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] or [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m].

I’m loving the predictions so far. It seems like [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] are popular ones.

For some reason I can see them using [name_m]Henry[/name_m] after [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Harry[/name_m] as it is his real name so I like [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] or [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] both [name_u]Francis[/name_u] and [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] would be after his mother and [name_m]Philip[/name_m] after his [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m]

I like [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] or [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_u]Dorian[/name_u].

Alexander Philip Charles

I think Meghan and Harry will be drawn to the meaning of Alexander, and I don’t believe the name is currently is use in the extended royal family. Philip and Charles for obvious reasons. Though it should be noted that Charles is also one of Harry’s middle names and is the name of Diana’s brother.

I’m secretly hoping they don’t use Theodore, but I think there is a chance they’ll choose it as a nod to Meghan’s mother.

[name_m]How[/name_m] come you don’t want them to use [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]? I see that it’s in your signature, so you must like it.

I think they might do [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], but it is one of [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m]'s middle names, so I’m not sure.

I love the name [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]. However, the royal family tend to set trends and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is already popular and rising. Since there is a good chance I may use the name within the next year, I’d prefer that it not explode in use. It’s a particular concern for me as my child will already be burdened with an exceedingly common surname.

I’m really hoping for [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]!

This is completely my opinion, but on regular ol’ folks like you and I, I love names like [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]George[/name_m], [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Edward[/name_m]. They seem traditional and classic of course. Fresh even, with all the kre8tive names going on now a days. On members of the BRF, they just sound…tired, dusty, old and lacking originality.

So I’m hoping they steer clear of the ultra traditional/royal names for a first name and find a happy medium between that and a “modern” baby name. They’ve done their fair share of “bucking” tradition and making it clear that they’re doing things their way, in their own time. It would be incredible for them to solidify that with a name bridging the gap between the stuffy formality (if you will) of [name_m]Harry[/name_m]'s family and the laid back, [name_u]California[/name_u] breeze of [name_f]Meghan[/name_f].

So, long story short: I know it’s a popular pick, but this has been my guess since [name_u]November[/name_u]! I’m sticking with [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]. I’m sure [name_u]Spencer[/name_u], [name_m]Charles[/name_m], [name_m]Philip[/name_m] and/or [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] will make an appearance in the middle name slots. :slight_smile:

(And just for shock value picks, I’d be ecstatic to see [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m], [name_m]Winston[/name_m], or [name_u]Jameson[/name_u]!)

Edited to add: My OFFICIAL guess is Theodore Philip Spencer.

My guess is [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] [name_m]Henderson[/name_m]. Honors both [name_m]Harry[/name_m] and [name_f]Meghan[/name_f]’s mothers, while [name_m]Henderson[/name_m] is for [name_m]Harry[/name_m] since it means [name_m]Henry[/name_m]’s son.

I’m thinking the name will be [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]…

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_m]Philip[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_u]Dorian[/name_u]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] [name_m]Philip[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] [name_u]Dorian[/name_u]

So far, it seems that the most popular first names are [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], and the most popular middle names are [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] and [name_m]Philip[/name_m]. I’m surprised at how much agreement there is.

I’m going for

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]

I wish something like [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] or [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u], althought [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] ____ is a lovely combo.

My guess would be [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_m]Charles[/name_m], or [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_m]Charles[/name_m], though I’d love to see [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] up front.