Meghan, Duchess of Sussex has given birth to a son! Name predictions!

I used to think [name_m]Louis[/name_m] [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] [name_m]Phillip[/name_m] - but then I realise [name_m]Wills[/name_m] and [name_f]Kat[/name_f] have a [name_m]Louis[/name_m].

So [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] [name_m]Phillip[/name_m] or [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] [name_m]Phillip[/name_m] maybe even [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] [name_m]Phillip[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] (as I think they use 4 names?)

Well it’s past 3AM in [name_u]Windsor[/name_u] right now, so it’ll probably be several more hours before the name is announced at least.

But, the most popular guesses for a first name are overwhelmingly [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], with [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] not being too far behind. For middles, it’s overwhelmingly [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] and [name_m]Philip[/name_m], with [name_u]Dorian[/name_u], [name_m]Charles[/name_m] and [name_u]Francis[/name_u] not being far behind.

Maybe it’ll be something like [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]? We’ll just have to wait and see.

One name I’ve 99% sure they won’t use…[name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_f]Meghan[/name_f]'s father’s name.

I could see [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] w/the nickname of [name_m]Alec[/name_m]…friendly & informal like [name_m]Harry[/name_m].

Has the name [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] ever been used in the British royal family? I can’t find any mentions of it…

I also wonder whether [name_m]Harry[/name_m] & [name_f]Meghan[/name_f] would pick a non-English name for one of the baby’s middle names, as they both seem very drawn toward some of the Commonwealth countries.

My wildly random guess: [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]. :slight_smile:

I keep changing my mind on what it could be.

[name_m]Don[/name_m]’t think it will be [name_u]James[/name_u] as [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m]’s son ([name_m]Harry[/name_m]’s youngest cousin) is a [name_u]James[/name_u].

Whilst I like the possibility of [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] or [name_u]Spencer[/name_u], these are the names of [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] Middleton’s son, nephew and brother-in-law, and since they are all good friends and in the same social circle I doubt they will use the same names as people they interact with regularly.

I also don’t think they will use [name_m]Albert[/name_m] as a first name just because of the dodgy [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Albert[/name_m] piercing association.

And I doubt they would use [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] considering it’s [name_f]Meghan[/name_f]’s father’s name and they don’t have the best relationship at the moment.

I think I’m going to go with [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] as a first name. Here are some combinations I think are a possibility.

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Alfred[/name_m] [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Albert[/name_m]
[name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]

I hope they don’t steal my newborn’s name :smiley:

[name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Phillip[/name_m] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] is my pick - cant wait to hear what they decide!

My thought, [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. But I want them to pick something more original and not a classic name.

And it’s [name_m]Archie[/name_m] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]!

[name_m]Archie[/name_m] [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]! Iam in [name_u]LOVE[/name_u]!

[name_m]Don[/name_m]’t think anyone was expecting that!