Meh. Number 10.

Let me say right now I am so over this. I just want a top 10 I can live with, lol.

I have been stuck on [name]Eva[/name], [name]Catherine[/name], and [name]Tess[/name] for the past several months for number 10 on my list, but I’ve been at a stalemate–this weekend I’ve managed to eliminate [name]Tess[/name], but now that I’m thinking about choosing between [name]Eva[/name] and [name]Catherine[/name], I’m not sure I can really see me using either one of those, either. [name]Eva[/name], while beautiful and feminine and classic enough, always seems slightly off, and I’m not as in love with the nn [name]Evie[/name]/[name]Eve[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] as I was when I first fell for [name]Eva[/name]. I think it’s lovely–I’m just not sure I can ever imagine me using it. And [name]Catherine[/name]… on the one hand, it honors my mom and great-grandmother, in a very obvious way. I love the [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name] ties (although I’m not sure [name]Catherine[/name] Morland or [name]Kitty[/name] [name]Bennet[/name] are the best literary namesakes, honestly…), and I like the nns [name]Kit[/name] and [name]Wren[/name]. However, it almost seems too classic to me (can you see [name]Catherine[/name] as a sister to the names in my signature?), and I’m not sure I’m madly in love with [name]Catherine[/name] or its nicknames. Out of the two, I think I can see using [name]Catherine[/name] more, but I am not sure I really like my [name]Catherine[/name] combo, either ([name]Catherine[/name] [name]Eliora[/name] [name]Lou[/name]).

So, firstly–is either [name]Eva[/name] or [name]Catherine[/name] worth saving? [name]Eva[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Claire[/name] (nn [name]Evie[/name]/[name]Eve[/name]-[name]Claire[/name]/[name]Evie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name], or just [name]Eva[/name], honestly) and [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Eliora[/name] [name]Lou[/name] (nn [name]Kit[/name]/[name]Wren[/name], or possibly [name]Kitty[/name] or [name]Cate[/name]… sometimes with the occasional nn of [name]Lulu[/name]) are the combos as they stand (although I’m considering [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] or [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Zoe[/name], possibly… or [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Audrey[/name]?).

Secondly, if I were to use an alternative, it would likely be either [name]Josephine[/name] “[name]Posy[/name]” or [name]Emmeline[/name] “[name]Emmy[/name]”–they were both on my long list of crushes and I keep coming back to them, but I thought [name]Eva[/name], [name]Catherine[/name], and [name]Tess[/name] were more “true” loves, so I never really added them. Does either one of them fit better with [name]Isabelle[/name], [name]Arianne[/name], [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Rachel[/name], [name]Liliana[/name]/[name]Lillian[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Eleni[/name], and [name]Hannah[/name]?

Thanks, ladies!

[name]Do[/name] you need a top ten, really? What is it about that number?
Of your possibilities, I like [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Eliora[/name] (nix the [name]Lou[/name]) and [name]Josephine[/name]. [name]Emmeline[/name] is too close to [name]Lillian[/name]. [name]Eva[/name] is a bit too minimal with your other names.

[name]Eleni[/name], [name]Hannah[/name], [name]Rachel[/name] - sweet Jewish girls
[name]Violet[/name], [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Lillian[/name] - sassy dames
[name]Isabelle[/name], [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Josephine[/name] - powerful, smart, beautiful

[name]Arianne[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] don’t fit perfectly imo, though [name]Charlotte[/name] could work in the [name]Violet[/name], [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Lillian[/name] sister-set, and possibly in the [name]Belle[/name], [name]Kit[/name], [name]Posy[/name] set.

I have same question with [name]Emma[/name]. What’s with top ten, [name]Ash[/name]? [name]Do[/name] you want ten girls? Please don’t think I’m rude by asking this, just a bit curious. :slight_smile:

I love [name]Catherine[/name] more than [name]Eva[/name] (especially since I read wuthering heights, eventhough I know, [name]Catherine[/name] Earnshaw isn’t a good namesake at all). I really like your combo, [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Eliora[/name] [name]Lou[/name]. I think it’s lovely, though I still love your previous maybe list: [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Eliora[/name] [name]Fleur[/name]. Or the combo I once mentioned, [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Eliora[/name] [name]Tess[/name]. Also definitely love [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] (I’m biased since [name]Audrey[/name] is on my list).

I tend to group [name]Eva[/name] with [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Hannah[/name], [name]Rachel[/name], etc. [name]Catherine[/name] with [name]Isabelle[/name], [name]Arianne[/name], [name]Josephine[/name], and [name]Emmeline[/name].

I’m not gonna say what I want to say because you already know :wink:

[name]Ash[/name], I am going to be radical and suggest a top nine. Did you know nine is one of the enchanted numbers that figure in fairy tales? It’s good luck!

Completely agree. 9 is the magic number

My favorite is [name]Catherine[/name]!

[name]Catherine[/name] is a strong classic. However, I don’t think that it is too classic next to your girls names. I think you have fairly classic girl names on your list to start with: [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Rachel[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Lillian[/name]. I think both of your [name]Eva[/name] and [name]Catherine[/name] combos are lovely, but [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Eliora[/name] [name]Lou[/name] is fantastic. [name]Eliora[/name] and [name]Lou[/name] slightly offset the uber-classic [name]Catherine[/name]. If you can’t choose one, or you don’t [name]LOVE[/name] either of them, then I agree with @ottilie, just have a top 9!

[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Eva[/name]? Pure life. [name]Lovely[/name] name for a little girl.

I agree with the others. If you can’t find a 10th you love, then stick with the 9 you do love. Lists evolve over time, and when it comes time to name an actual human, you may change your mind completely.

You have beautiful names on your list! Work with those until you find that 10th that you love as much as the others.

[name]Emma[/name] (and everyone else, it seems!), I struggle with a quite frustrating and adamant diagnosis of OCD. :confused: It doesn’t affect me in all areas of life, but there are certain places in this idea of naming that makes it rear it’s ugly head, and this is one of them, haha. I just can’t not have a top 10. It’s an even number, it’s easy to manage, it just seems whole, complete. I don’t know, haha, my mind has fixed on 10 and it won’t really consider anything else. Plus, I have 10 names on my boys’ list I really love, so it has to be even for the girls! And no, lol, I definitely don’t want ten girls! I want a big family, but not that big, lol.

[name]Ottilie[/name]! Yes, I know exactly which one you’d vote for. And honestly, I have come to adore (and I truly mean adore!) [name]Eva[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Claire[/name], it just seems perfect to me. I just don’t know if I can see me with an [name]Eva[/name], and I don’t know if I love [name]Eva[/name] anymore. I used to be obsessed with the idea of [name]Eve[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] as a double barrel, as well, and [name]Eva[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Claire[/name] could give me that. My grandmother had two one-syllable names ([name]Ruth[/name] [name]Mae[/name]), so in a way I feel like [name]Eve[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] could honor her, and plus, [name]Claire[/name] honors my dad and brother. Maybe, with [name]Eve[/name]-[name]Claire[/name], it’s worth saving. I really do adore that double-barrel! And the combo itself.

I love [name]Catherine[/name], and [name]Kit[/name], but at this point, I think [name]Catherine[/name]'s feeling more like a middle name than a FN. I think I’m down to [name]Eva[/name]/[name]Eve[/name]-[name]Claire[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name], and [name]Josephine[/name] at this point. :slight_smile:

OCD sucks. Got a mild case myself, it can be rough. I think [name]Eva[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is swoon worthy, but if you can’t see yourself with a beautiful little [name]Eva[/name] then that’s that.

I honestly really like [name]Eva[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] (I don’t have in on my list because I love [name]Joseph[/name] so much!). I think [name]Eva[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is extremely sweet and sounds prefect.

lol, I’m not even sure that’s the case now, though. With [name]Eve[/name]-[name]Claire[/name], it really seems to rejuvenate [name]Eva[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Claire[/name]–although I’m not sure if I should do [name]Eve[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] [name]Felicity[/name], or keep [name]Eva[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Claire[/name] and just use [name]Eve[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] as a nn (along with [name]Evie[/name] and [name]Eve[/name]/[name]Eva[/name], etc.). It’s still definitely a candidate for number 10!

I’m really growing to love [name]Emmeline[/name], though, so I’m not sure [name]Eva[/name] is it yet, I’m still toying around with [name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name]. At one point, [name]Emmeline[/name] was my very favorite girls’ name, and I still definitely love it. I don’t know, we’ll see. I’m still a bit up in limbo at the moment.

Top Ten

[name]Isabelle[/name], [name]Arianne[/name], [name]Josephine[/name] - the lovely French trio :slight_smile:
[name]Eleni[/name] and [name]Zara[/name] - the exotic duo!
[name]Olivia[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Hannah[/name], [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Lillian[/name] - a blend of classic, vintage, Biblical and nature!

I’d have kept [name]Tess[/name].