Mei-Ling's first name!

first of all, i’d like to thank everyone for all their lovely suggestions. My husband and i have discussed all the names that you all thought of and these are the ones that we absolutely love. It’s definitely going to be one of these::

[name]Alexia[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling (hubby’s favorite)
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling (my favorite)
[name]Jada[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling
[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling
[name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling
[name]Lianna[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling
[name]Naomi[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling
[name]Kendra[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling
[name]Tansy[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling
[name]Alyssa[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling

please help!!

Wonderful choices!
[name]Alexia[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling (hubby’s favorite) - I’d be worried about pronunciation issues as I think you mentioned in your first thread
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling (my favorite) - I like this one except for the daffy sound and lack of nickname potential. It’s short enough to not need a nickname but even just the tendency to use the first syllable when calling for someone it’s shortened to Daph.
[name]Jada[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling - not my favorite
[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling - this is my favorite. So lovely! and I think [name]Rory[/name] nn is spunky but [name]Aura[/name] is a good option too
[name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling - really like this one - similar sound to [name]Daphne[/name] imo but without the daffy sounds
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling - ok but all the [name]Lily[/name] names are kind of popular if that is important to you
[name]Lianna[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling - not my favorite
[name]Naomi[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling - I really like [name]Naomi[/name] but the repetition of -mi and [name]Mei[/name] is tricky right next to each other
[name]Kendra[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling - not my favorite
[name]Tansy[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling - not my favorite but is really cute
[name]Alyssa[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling - I don’t care for [name]Alyssa[/name] and I don’t think it stands up to [name]Mei[/name]-Ling. It has always seemed kind of whiny to me for some reason - maybe it’s just a personal bias though.

My absolute favorites for you are [name]Aurora[/name], [name]Dahlia[/name] and [name]Tansy[/name]

My favorite is [name]Dahlia[/name], followed by [name]Aurora[/name]. They’re both exotic without being weird. Congratulations on your little girl!

[name]Alexia[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling: [name]Alexia[/name], along with the other [name]Alex[/name]- names, is really dated to me. It’s also the name of a disease.

[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling: I think [name]Daphne[/name] is a really pretty name, and it flows really well with [name]Mei[/name]-Ling!

[name]Jada[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling: I really, really don’t like [name]Jada[/name]…

[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling: This is really pretty! To me, though, the name [name]Aurora[/name] is really hard to say, so I prefer [name]Aurelia[/name].

[name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling: I love this, too! So delicate and beautiful.

[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling: [name]Liliana[/name] is a gorgeous name, but the [name]Lily[/name] names are currently very popular.

[name]Lianna[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling: I love it spelled [name]Liana[/name], and pronounced lee-AHN-a. [name]How[/name] are you pronouncing it?

[name]Naomi[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling: [name]Naomi[/name] is one of my favorite names! However, the flow isn’t that great with [name]Mei[/name]-Ling. You probably will rarely be saying her full name all together, so it might not matter as much.

[name]Kendra[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling: This is really dated and trendy to me…

[name]Tansy[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling: I think it would make a really cute nickname for [name]Anastasia[/name], but not on its own…

[name]Alyssa[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling: I don’t like this… it’s really dated to the 90s and I’m kind of bored of it.

My favorites are [name]Daphne[/name], [name]Dahlia[/name], [name]Aurora[/name], [name]Liliana[/name], and [name]Naomi[/name]-- you can’t go wrong with any of those; they’re all gorgeous!

[name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Dahlia[/name] are my favorites! So pretty!

[name]Alexia[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling: They don’t seem nice together, what about [name]Alexa[/name]?
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling: Very nice!
[name]Jada[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling: I don’t like [name]Jada[/name], or the sound of “[name]Jada[/name] [name]Mei[/name]”
[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling: Also very nice.
[name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling: A bit of a tongue-twister…
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling: Ditto
[name]Lianna[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling: Ditto again
[name]Naomi[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling: Whaddaya know, another ditto!
[name]Kendra[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling: I just don’t really like the name [name]Kendra[/name].
[name]Tansy[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling: I love [name]Tansy[/name], it’s so sweet and spunky!
[name]Alyssa[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling: Another tongue-twister, plus I don’t love [name]Alyssa[/name]…

So, basically, my favs are [name]Daphne[/name], [name]Aurora[/name] (have you thought about the nickname [name]Rory[/name]?), and [name]Tansy[/name]. Great choices and good luck!

[name]Alexia[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling - I love this one, but agree that there may be some pronounciation difficulties. [name]Love[/name] the [name]Alex[/name] nn though.
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling - also very beautiful. Someone said that they don’t like the ‘daffy’ sound… but i know a [name]Daphne[/name] who goes by Daph all the time… it’s sort of cute, just depends what you like.
[name]Jada[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling - i’m not a fan of [name]Jada[/name]. [name]Just[/name] isn’t as pretty as [name]Jade[/name], but i dislike [name]Jade[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling…
[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling - looks pretty written down, but is kind of hard to say… [name]Love[/name] the nn [name]Rory[/name] though.
[name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling - I love this one. I agree that it’s a gorgeous alternative to [name]Daphne[/name]…
[name]Liliana[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling - This is one of my favorites. I think [name]Liliana[/name] is a gorgeous nickname and i adore the nn [name]Leelee[/name] for a little girl.
[name]Lianna[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling - This is another favorite… and the [name]Leelee[/name] nn still works with this name.
[name]Naomi[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling - the hard M sounds next to each other make it a little difficult to say.
[name]Kendra[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling - agreed that [name]Kendra[/name] is a bit dated.
[name]Tansy[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling - [name]Tansy[/name] is adorable. someone suggested it as a nn for [name]Anastasia[/name]… [name]Anastasia[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling has a gorgeous ring to it… even if the names are a little mismatched.
[name]Alyssa[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling - also very dated and boring compared to some of your other choices…

My favorites:: [name]Lianna[/name], [name]Liliana[/name], [name]Anastasia[/name], and [name]Daphne[/name]…
Please let us know when you decide… can’t wait to see what you pick.

[name]Alexia[/name]–This is pretty, but alexia is also a disorder similar to dyslexia. I prefer other [name]Alex[/name] names.
Daphe is pretty.
[name]Jada[/name]–I like this one the best, though I prefer [name]Jade[/name], which has connections to [name]Asian[/name] culture.
[name]Dahlia[/name] is okay.
[name]Lianna[/name] is okay. I like this spelling better than others.
[name]Naomi[/name] I don’t care for, and it does not flow great with [name]Mei[/name]-Ling.
[name]Kendra[/name] I really like.
[name]Tansy[/name] is okay; I do not prefer this name.
[name]Alyssa[/name] I love.
[name]Aurora[/name] I love. I also love [name]Rory[/name].
[name]Liliana[/name] is pretty, though I prefer [name]Lily[/name].
Have you considered [name]Lorelei[/name]?

my faves are:

[name]Lianna[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling
[name]Naomi[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling
[name]Kendra[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling

Woo-hoo! I’m so happy that [name]Dahlia[/name] and [name]Aurora[/name] are on the list! Those two are definitely my favorites, especially if your last name only has two syllables.

I love [name]Aurora[/name]'s meaning (“dawn,” and [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] have listed [name]Aurora[/name] on the list of names that mean “new beginnings”), and think it’s perfect for your baby girl.

Like [name]Aurora[/name], Dahila sounds so beautiful and feminine to me, and I love how both names sound with the elegant [name]Mei[/name]-Ling.

I love how [name]Liliana[/name] sounds with [name]Mei[/name]-Ling, too, so I’ll put that in third place. ([name]Dahlia[/name] and [name]Aurora[/name] are tied in first for me.)

As for the other names with three syllables:

[name]Alexia[/name]: Because I’ve seen the trendy [name]Alexis[/name] so often, this name doesn’t feel as fresh to me as the non-[name]Alex[/name] names.

[name]Alyssa[/name]: This is super popular, and feels pretty dated (1980s) and trendy to me.

[name]Naomi[/name]: I love this name, but think it’s too M heavy with [name]Mei[/name]-Ling.

[name]Lianna[/name]: This feels less elegant to me than [name]Liliana[/name].

(From the names with two syllables, [name]Jada[/name] and [name]Kendra[/name] sound very dated/trendy to me.)

Best wishes to you and your baby girl! :slight_smile: