Melrose

A friend of mind is considering using this name if she has a girl to honor a “[name_f]Rose[/name_f]” and a “[name_f]Melissa[/name_f].”

I was wondering what you berries think of it. Is it usable?

I remember the name from the ANTM contestant way back in the day :). I like it!

Haha, @whiteteaandginger, I remember that ANTM contestant too! I’m not sure how I feel about the name - don’t hate it, but not sure I love it. It does sound pretty.

Melrose sounds masculine to me.

I do associate it with Melrose place - and I didn’t even watch it. I think it can work, but it seems unisex, like a mix of [name_f]Melissa[/name_f] and [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m].

I remember her too. I believe her name as [name_f]Melissa[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] and we went by Melrose. I think its pretty and could easily be pulled off.

I would think of Melrose Place as well, but I think it works as a girls name.

I love this, I had a doll named this once

I think it works to honor a [name_f]Melissa[/name_f] and a [name_f]Rose[/name_f].
The ANTM contestant was named [name_f]Melissa[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and her nn was Melrose.

This is one of the few names that feels truly unisex to me. I can see it on a girl (with the [name_u]Mel[/name_u]- from [name_f]Melissa[/name_f], [name_f]Melody[/name_f] etc. and the uber feminine -[name_f]Rose[/name_f]) as I can on a boy (feels like [name_u]Penrose[/name_u], [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] etc.).

If you don’t mind people saying “oh, like Melrose Place”, then I say go for it.