Mercy??

Okay, so I was fixing up my family tree, adding recent marriages, births, deaths, etc. I looked back very far and then I worked my way back up…and I came across an ancestor named [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Mercy[/name] (born 1884), who went by [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Mercy[/name]. Using family names is really important to me, so my question is: What do you think of the name [name]Mercy[/name]? [name]Will[/name] a little [name]Mercy[/name] have a place in the world, amongst all of the [name]Isabella[/name]'s, [name]Ava[/name]'s,etc.? I have loved it from when I first read a book with a character by that name. And now that I know it is a family name, I think that I could probably get away with using the name for a daughter.

I love [name]Mercy[/name]! I think that it is such a pretty name and I love the sentiment. Having it as a family name makes it even better! I’m not close to having a baby, but it will be on my list if I ever have a girl.

I love virtue names and [name]Mercy[/name] is one of my favourites. It’s wonderful that you have a family connection with the name as well. FYI - Singer [name]Madonna[/name] adopted a girl named [name]Mercy[/name] from Malawi but don’t let that fact stop you. By all means, if you like it, use it!

[name]Mercy[/name] is as fashionable as it is pretty. [name]Lucky[/name] you, with your family connection to the name.

I love [name]Mercy[/name]. It’s gorgeous and will definitely become more widely recognised in the future I think, what with [name]Madonna[/name]'s little [name]Mercy[/name] [name]James[/name] and the rising popularity of vintage names. Also perfect with the family connection. I think you’ve got a winner:)

• [name]Charlie[/name]