Merritt?

What are your thoughts on the name [name_u]Merritt[/name_u]?

2 Likes

I absolutely adore it!

I’m partial to the [name_u]Merit[/name_u] spelling, though, for three reasons: 1. it’s streamlined and easy, 2. it’s the way the word is spelt, and 3. it’s the way this name has been spelt for generations in my family.

Either and any spelling though, [name_u]Merit[/name_u] is gorgeous! It’s vivacious, incredibly friendly, unique, and utterly cool. It’s a well-used middle name on my maternal side, and I’d love to see it used (or use it myself) as a first—in my family or out.

1 Like

I agree with @snowmaiden.
Also, I love the idea of [name_u]Merry[/name_u] as a nn!

2 Likes

I’ve met exactly one [name_u]Merritt[/name_u] and her name struck me as super cool. It feels gender neutral to me.

1 Like

I prefer it on a boy, but I like it.

I love [name_u]Merritt[/name_u]! It’s one of my favourite gender neutral names. I slightly prefer the [name_u]Merit[/name_u] spelling, just because that’s how the word is spelt. I also love [name_u]Merry[/name_u] as a nickname :heart:.

1 Like

Warm, bright, cool and snappy - love it

1 Like

For me, it immediately calls to mind the word “merit”…

With regard to spelling, I prefer [name_u]Merritt[/name_u] to [name_u]Merit[/name_u], in order to differentiate it from the term (unless it’s specifically intended as a virtue name, along the lines of [name_u]Honor[/name_u], etc.).

[name_f]Marit[/name_f] would be an interesting alternative, too.

I do love the nickname [name_u]Merry[/name_u] - so cute! :slight_smile:

No. It sounds like a hotel or something.