Message for Disa :-)

I just saw that you’re considering [name]Ruby[/name] for your new baby, and I love it! I think it works beautifully with your daughters’ names. :slight_smile:

Thank you [name]Jill[/name] :smiley:

I’m a little (Ha!) OCD so, there isn’t a baby on the way yet but we’re trying :wink: . If the magic doesn’t happen in [name]October[/name] then we’ll be holding off until [name]January[/name] to try again. I got pregnant with both of my girls in [name]November[/name] and [name]December[/name] born in [name]August[/name] and [name]September[/name] so having more birthdays back to back, plus school starts, plus our anniversary ect. I didn’t want to add to the craziness. Actually if we get pregnant next month that means we’d be due in [name]July[/name] and there would be possibility of a 4th [name]July[/name] baby. I know I’m sick but I’ve been trying to think of patriotic names just in case. :wink:

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Lane[/name] is our favorite girls name so far The rest are all DH approved -

[name]Emery[/name] - his suggestion, his ONLY girl name suggestion. I love this name too. But with [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Emily[/name] being so popular I worry that in 10 years this will be near the top of the chart.
[name]Olivia[/name] - it really really kills me that’ is so popular. I know [name]Mia[/name] is popular too but when I named her it was #30ish ( still popular) but I had no idea in 5 years it would double up the list.

Other contenders -
[name]Rae[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Ally[/name] - not so sure anymore.

Of course I have many more that I love but the above are all DH approved. If I had my way I’d name our next girl [name]Lydia[/name] but it gets a resounded Nooooo by you know who. I even love [name]Naomi[/name] and think [name]Kira[/name], [name]Mia[/name], and [name]Naomi[/name] sound great but… you guessed it :frowning:

He’s told me that I’m going to jinx our chances of having a boy by talking about girls names (he jokes). We agree on all of our boys names and [name]Eli[/name] is the only new name we’ve added to the list. Of course with two girls already I’m hoping for a boy. I’ve looked into natural “gender swaying” and felt like a science experiment last month. Maybe we should just let things happen or we might have to name the baby Frankenstein.

So I’ve got plenty of time to be persuaded, dissuaded, come up a thousand new names only to go back to my original. Which was [name]Olivia[/name] btw. Should be interesting but for now [name]Ruby[/name] has my heart. It has Ru a nn I love and [name]Bee[/name] another nn I love. It’s perfect to me.

I love the name [name]Ruby[/name]. And you know I love [name]Olivia[/name], too.

What are your other children’s names Disa? Is Disa short for anything, by the way?

I love the name [name]Ruby[/name]. It is quite popular in the UK and I know lots of little Rubies, but I still love it.

Disa or disa_lan translates to lisa_dan my name and my husbands. We swapped out our first initial and tada a very uninteresting screen name was born. I know not very original, we did this many years ago. So I’m really just [name]Lisa[/name]. Disa sounds more exotic though :wink: I remember being very into screen names I had one I loved SoulEclipse oh how I thought it was so cool but I found out it was a bands name later and it left me feeling rather flat and gray. Same thing happened to me when I use to make soap and wanted to start a biz. I had what I though was a great name picked out and well it’s a long story after that.

My daughters are [name]Kira[/name] [name]Berlin[/name] and [name]Mia[/name] [name]Taylor[/name] “ee” sound for both not “eye”. Because both of my girls have unisex middles I’d really like to do the same if we have another little girl but I’m not a prisoner to the idea.

I’ve noticed [name]Ruby[/name]'s popularity in the UK and it does worry me that it will set this name a blaze and send it straight up the charts here in the states. What do you think? [name]Do[/name] you think it will gain popularity here very soon? I’m kind of afraid that it will.

I actually did not like the name [name]Ruby[/name] for many years because of a bad association with a horrible neighbor. Years have passed and I’ll never see that neighbor again so now I can really love [name]Ruby[/name]. I hate that some people can ruin a name for me just like that. Luckily [name]Ruby[/name] recovered.

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Lisa[/name]! My sister’s sister-in-law used [name]Ruby[/name] years ago (can’t remember how long, but at least 8 - maybe 10?), and everyone was SHOCKED! I thought, what a cute name! But now it seems to be taking off where I live, and of course everyone loves it! I live in a mid-sized city in the mid-south U.S. - don’t know where you are, but it does seem to be gaining popularity here, although that could be a perception on my part based on the schools my kids go to – they probably have a larger number of so-called “Hipster” parents and less “Yupsters.” If you aren’t hearing it your circles a lot already, then you may be in the clear! Good luck!!!

Thanks [name]Danal[/name] -
[name]Ruby[/name] came in at #113 on the national level last year. Overall moving up 147 places in 8 years. I live in [name]California[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] was listed at #58 last year and #56 in 2007. 5 years prior in 2003 [name]Ruby[/name] didn’t make the top 100 list here in [name]CA[/name]. So it did make a pretty big jump but possibly has cooled off. In the 6 years my oldest has been at school I have yet to hear of any little [name]Ruby[/name]'s. I’d consider this area to be pretty yupster. Names like [name]Connor[/name] and [name]Mason[/name] are really popular at school. We’ve thought of moving to Oregon and last year [name]Ruby[/name] fell at #39, 2 places closer to the top than the previous year. [name]Olivia[/name], another name we love and a contender for “the one” came in first place in Oregon in 2008. My husband asked me if I didn’t know how popular they were would I still love both names. My answer, is yes I would. He worries that my focus on a names popularity will keep me from using a name I/we really love.

Interesting, [name]Lisa[/name]. And yes, Disa sounds intriguing. Tell us about [name]BERLIN[/name], though - where does that one come from? I like it!!!

It is difficult to know whether [name]Ruby[/name] will become as popular in the US as it has here - I would not say it is OVER-popular, however, like some names have become. Sometimes, it seems as if we follow your trends, sometimes, it is the reverse. You seem to lead with NEW/UNUSUAL trends, I think, while the UK seems to re-invent OLD Names (such as the [name]Edith[/name]/[name]Maud[/name]/[name]Violet[/name] thing going on right now).

Let us know what you decide, but I would be interested to know about [name]Berlin[/name]?

[name]Ailsa[/name]

[name]Berlin[/name] is cool!

I liked the name [name]Berlin[/name] since that movie “The Life of [name]David[/name] [name]Gale[/name]”. Not that she was a nice character or anything… but it was just the first time that I heard it as a girl’s name.

I love the name [name]Berlin[/name]! [name]Ruby[/name] is a gorgeous name also.

I hope everything works out for you, [name]Lisa[/name]! (I tried calling you [name]Lisa[/name], but you’re still Disa to me!) So, Disa, I hope everything works out for you. [name]Ruby[/name] seems perfect for you, and I really love [name]Daphne[/name] with your girls’ names, too.

I think your oldest daughter is really lucky, because I would have LOVED to have become a big sister at that age! My friend’s mom had a baby when we were in 6th grade, and we played with her every waking hour!

:slight_smile:

Have a good night!

Redridinghood - My husband and I were pretty young when he had our first, I was 21. We were much more hip back then than we are now that’s for sure. We were actually thinking about place names for a middle name like [name]London[/name], [name]Paris[/name] ect, they were in the baby name book I had at the time, [name]Berlin[/name] was not. [name]Berlin[/name] just sort of came to me while we we were considering a name in this theme. I remember when the wall came down and it was a pretty big historical event that happened in my lifetime. So the positive aspect of it coming down added to this names appeal but it’s not the only reason why we chose [name]Berlin[/name]. I also liked how it looked unisex but the -lin ending added a sound of femininity. I just asked my husband and he said we chose it because we liked the way it sounded. Well for me at least it has a little more meaning.
Also she was almost [name]Quinn[/name] instead of [name]Kira[/name]. I still love the name [name]Quinn[/name] but I now have nephew with that name. I have yet to find another “Q” name that I like.
Anyway, on the way to the hospital [name]Pink[/name] [name]Floyd[/name] “The [name]Wall[/name]” was playing on the radio. I always thought that the coincidence was rather neat. I’m pretty sure back then I said it was a “sign”.
I actually call [name]Kira[/name] by her first and mn a lot! She doesn’t really like me calling her [name]Kira[/name] [name]Berlin[/name] in public but she has told me she loves her name. That’s something I can not claim.

Dotsmom - I’ve never seen “The Life of [name]David[/name] [name]Gale[/name]”.I’ll have to add it to my list.

[name]Jill[/name] - We had [name]Kira[/name] convinced that being an only child was great despite my family urging her to beg us for a sibling. When she started kindergarten we decided to try for our second. [name]Kira[/name] really wasn’t to thrilled at first and even now they don’t always get along like I’d imagined but neither did I with any my sisters. [name]Kira[/name] never played with baby dolls, so I think the motherly/big sisterly instincts just aren’t very strong with her. At 11 years old she is the only one of her girlfriends who hasn’t had a crush yet. She claims she’s never getting married or having kids and quite content with her nose in a book. I love her independence. She never follows the hot trends nor does anything just because everyone else is. In fact if something is popular she usually hates it. Hmmm reminds a bit of my younger self. Her favorite names are [name]Wren[/name] and [name]Margo[/name] btw.
[name]Mia[/name] however is a “little mama” and a big helper. She saw a picture of twins the other day and wanted to know how the mom had two babies at once. I told her about multiples and she was AMAZED. She told me she wants to have “millions of babies at the same time” :O. My girls are quite different from each other. There are 6 years between [name]Kira[/name] and [name]Mia[/name] and there will be about the same between [name]Mia[/name] and the next. Yes, I know we’re crazy but I have to insure I have a good shot at grandkids someday LOL.

Disa - thanks for that about [name]Berlin[/name]. I have just been reading a book called [name]Berlin[/name] Noir, and I love the name.

I also loved reading about your daughters and their personalities. I had six kids to raise the stakes on having plenty of grandchildren!

[name]Ailsa[/name]
xx

I remember when the wall came down and it was a pretty big historical event that happened in my lifetime. So the positive aspect of it coming down added to this names appeal…

I’d never really thought before of “[name]Berlin[/name]” as a name possibility, but you, Disa/[name]Lisa[/name], have opened up my eyes to new possibilities. I love names with significance in their meanings, and that’s a brilliant thought you had for choosing the name “[name]Berlin[/name].”

Actually, that historic event (peace, unification, etc.) kind of makes “[name]Berlin[/name]” a hippie name now. Nothing wrong with that, I like hippie names, too!

– [name]Nephele[/name]

Disa, your daughters sound adorable! I love [name]Kira[/name]'s independence and [name]Mia[/name]'s love of babies! SO cute! :slight_smile:

Now that I know her personality, I can imagine how excited [name]Mia[/name] will be to be a big sister! :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone. I’m sure I’ve shared to much info. You should here me talk, I hardly ever shut up :wink: I’ve been working on boys names the last few days. I feel we’re pretty set on the few girls names we agree on, [name]Ruby[/name] still being at the top of list.
I’m having a tough time finding middles we like with [name]Ezekiel[/name]. The three middles we both (both being the keyword) like are [name]Ezekiel[/name] [name]Matteo[/name], [name]Ezekiel[/name] Auron, [name]Ezekiel[/name] [name]Milo[/name]. [name]Milo[/name] was hubby’s pick. I didn’t even know he liked [name]Milo[/name]. :confused: I’m sure pretty soon once we narrow boys names down further I’ll be posting about them too. Until then it’s fun to participate in other posts about names I love but can’t use.