Met *the worst* named siblings yesterday

My husband and I were in a waiting room full of other children and we noticed a boy and girl, siblings, who were named

…brace yourselves…

… are you sitting down…?

Their names were [name]Sam[/name] and [name]Ella[/name].

[name]Sam[/name] n’ [name]Ella[/name]. Like the food bacteria.

Seriously, how can parents not notice this before naming their children? The mind boggles!

Poor kids. We had a bit of a laugh. It’s not the children’s fault, they were lovely kids.

Hahaha. I would just call them [name]Ella[/name] and [name]Sam[/name] :slight_smile:

^^[name]True[/name]!

That’s funny. Some people really don’t notice things though. I have a friend with twins named [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Elsa[/name], who says they were about six months old when she realized how similar sounding they were and kinda hard to say together. I have another friend who never noticed her daughter’s full name until she was about a year old and her husband was joking with the baby – turns out he’d always noticed. Her name is [name]Carissa[/name] [name]Payton[/name], and dad likes to say “anyone want to go carrisapating tonight?” (Okay, it sounds funnier and cuter out loud.)

I hate siblings with extremely similar names though. I have friends with kids named [name]Andrew[/name] & [name]Andrea[/name], and another set named [name]Brooke[/name], [name]Brock[/name], and [name]Brie[/name].

I think it’s silly to worry about such things. They’ll only be “paired” as a set of names for a handful of years while they’re small. They are individuals, and if those were the two names their parents loved, who cares.

I bet it wouldn’t occur to the vast majority of normal people, especially if the parents don’t just refer to them as “sam ‘n’ ella” all the time.