Michalin nn Micah?

Corresponding to my other post earlier about [name_u]Micah[/name_u] for a girl— how is [name_f]Michalin[/name_f]? I think [name_u]Micah[/name_u] could work well as a nickname, but I’m just not sold on [name_f]Michalin[/name_f]. Alternate spellings? The combo would be [name_f]Michalin[/name_f] [name_f]Evadne[/name_f] or perhaps [name_f]Michalin[/name_f] [name_u]Everly[/name_u] (more likely the former).

Thoughts?

I never heard it before but it’s intriguing. [name_f]Michalin[/name_f] [name_f]Evadne[/name_f] sounds nice.

Unfortunately, [name_f]Michalin[/name_f] just reads as Michelin (tyres and restaurants) to me, so it feels in line with naming your daughter [name_f]Audi[/name_f] or [name_f]Gucci[/name_f].
However, I recognise it as a feminisation in line with [name_f]Thomasin[/name_f], which I genuinely love.
I really like [name_u]Micah[/name_u] though, and I reckon it could stand alone.
[name_f]Evadne[/name_f] is also stunning, and I think it flows really well!

5 Likes

I prefer Michelin, to avoid misspellings. I think [name_u]Micah[/name_u] still works as a nn, though!

All I can think is the tire company, even tho it is spelled Michelin.

The nickname definitely works, as long as you’re ok with the association and the occasional person/receptionist/etc saying, “Oh, like the tires?” when you introduce her (if you live in the US, not sure about other areas)

I think it has a nice flow and [name_u]Micah[/name_u] could be a good nickname. [name_f]Michalin[/name_f] does make me think of the Michelin man, though.

I prefer just [name_u]Micah[/name_u]. I think it will be very sweet on a girl. Not a big fan of [name_f]Michalin[/name_f].

Michalin is not my style but I think it’s okay. It would probably get misread as Michelin at times. I would suggest spelling it [name_u]Micah[/name_u]-[name_u]Lynn[/name_u].

That was my thought too -and Michelin stars for restaurants. It has a quite nice sound, though i do prefer just [name_u]Micah[/name_u]

Michelin Tire [name_m]Man[/name_m] is what I think of.

It does make me think of the Michelin man and Michelin star restaurants, but it sounds wearable enough. (I assume you mean to have it pronounced at “mih-shuh-lin” and not “my-cuh-lin”?) [name_u]Micah[/name_u] seems like a bit of a stretch due to the differing sounds in the names, but it works. [name_f]Michalin[/name_f] [name_f]Evadne[/name_f] actually sounds really pretty!