Michelle or Michella? Lila or Lyla?

What do you guys think of the name [name]Michella[/name]? I kind of like it and feel like its a cool alternative to just [name]Michelle[/name]. Or is it just a confusing and annoying alternative?

Also, I love the name Lie-Luh, do you think it should be spelled [name]Lila[/name] or [name]Lyla[/name]?

I don’t like [name]Michella[/name] at all, and I think [name]Lila[/name] is a great name!

not really a [name]Michella[/name] fan (or [name]Michelle[/name] either, actually) but I really like [name]Lila[/name]… (not a fan of the “y” spelling, though)

Ye I prefer [name]Lila[/name] too

But, I am Jewish and so we name after relatives who have passed and so for that reason I need an “m” name and i like [name]Madelyn[/name] (maddie) or mia, but hubby doesnt want to stray from michelle lol, so I am trying to think of michelle names

Hmm…I do PREFER [name]Michella[/name] over [name]Michelle[/name]. Makes it feel a bit fresher :slight_smile:

What about [name]Micheline[/name]?
OR…
[name]Micki[/name]
[name]Michaelina[/name]
[name]Michaela[/name]
[name]Mia[/name]
[name]Micah[/name]

I’d personally avoid [name]Michelle[/name] because it’s really dated, and [name]Michella[/name] feels “invented/yooneek” to me. Like the others, I think [name]Lila[/name] is gorgeous, spelled [name]Lyla[/name].

On the off chance that your husband changes his mind about [name]Michelle[/name] (it doesn’t sound like you’re crazy about the name):

[name]Mirabelle[/name] (has the Mi and elle ending)
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Marielle[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Mae[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

This site says there are almost 2000 girls names that begin with M. A lot of them are variations on names such as [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Madeline[/name] and [name]McKenzie[/name]/[name]MaKayla[/name] so far, but there have to be some there that are nicer to both you and your husband than [name]Michelle[/name]. I really like [name]Michelle[/name], don’t care that it’s dated. “[name]Lila[/name] [name]Michella[/name]” sounds like you forgot when to stop at the end of saying [name]Michelle[/name] and got caught up in the rhyming.

So far, looking over for a wild variety of appealing options:

[name]Mahalia[/name]
[name]Mallory[/name]
[name]Malena[/name] (a variant of [name]Madeline[/name] - takes out the “mad” part some people don’t like)
[name]Marilyn[/name] - I think cute in the middle
[name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Marisol[/name]
[name]Marleigh[/name]
M”laine - not a misspelling of [name]Melanie[/name], but a variation
[name]Mila[/name]
[name]Mira[/name]
[name]Molly[/name]
[name]Monique[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name]

There are a lot of other choices, so you may want to take a few minutes and just use the search for names form - choose girl and input starts with M. I tried to pick some I thought would be attractive to both of you (without repeating any mentioned so far), so you can find something to agree on. Maybe if you had more names on a list, he wouldn’t think [name]Michelle[/name] was the only nice one that starts with M.

I also like [name]Mabel[/name] a lot and [name]Margaret[/name] is a perfectly nice middle name (I think so!). I have what might seem a “dated” middle name (moreso when I was born and through school) that has become important to me, because I know it was chosen carefully, so I’m not so fanatic about modern, current middle names, so long as the name is at least real and not a fad. [name]Michelle[/name] is just out of style a little, but it’s a real name. I also like [name]Michaela[/name] if you spell it for real and not [name]MaKayla[/name], or [name]Micheline[/name] is very romantic and a pretty name for the middle. For the most part, people will not call or refer to her as [name]Lila[/name] M______, so picking something that’s interesting or solid in personal meaning is more important to me than absolutely loving the fashion of it, the now, the today. You’ll find one that’s right.

Also, I have no preference to the spelling of [name]Lila[/name]/[name]Lyla[/name]. I love that name and sorry I cannot dare to use it myself for family reasons - glad it is getting use.

I like [name]Michelle[/name] and [name]Lila[/name].

Hey guys just clarify neither of these are middle names. The debate is michelle or michella for the 1st name and I just love the name lila so I was wondering on what most people consider a better spelling. Also, I am not crazy about michelle but gotta compromise since I don’t hate it lol

Sorry, I got confused!

I would still say to look over the list of M girl names for a few minutes. It didn’t take me very long to mentally eliminate most of them and score a few suggestions I thought had potential!

I love [name]Mallory[/name], [name]Marielle[/name] and [name]Marlena[/name] for M names, but if the choice is between [name]Michelle[/name] and [name]Michella[/name], than I would choose [name]Michelle[/name]. Not only does it I feel made up, but I also think everyone would read it like “[name]Michelle[/name]”.