Mickey... Only for Mouse?

I love [name_u]Mickey[/name_u] for both boys/girls, but do you think its usable or the association with [name_u]Mickey[/name_u] Mouse will be too strong?

I think [name_u]Mickey[/name_u] is fine as a nickname for [name_u]Michael[/name_u] or [name_f]Michaela[/name_f], but as a standalone name I don’t care for it. I do think the [name_u]Mickey[/name_u] Mouse association is bound to come up at some point, and there’s also that 80s song “Hey [name_u]Mickey[/name_u]”. I guess it depends on how much those associations bother you personally.

I think as a nickname for [name_u]Michael[/name_u]/[name_m]Miguel[/name_m] (or any other variants) it’s fine. I went to school with a guy whose nickname was [name_u]Mickey[/name_u] and I don’t remember him having any issues.

I think it could be uswd. [name_m]Ive[/name_m] known of a few Mickeys so its not unheaed of

I wouldn’t use it as a full name on its own, but as a nickname it’s fine.

It would be a cute nickname but other than that I wouldn’t use it. Maybe I’m just biased because I’ve seen way too many episodes of [name_u]Mickey[/name_u] Mouse Clubhouse with my nephew, but the mouse association is a little much for me.

I have a cousin named [name_u]Michael[/name_u] who goes by [name_u]Mickey[/name_u]. As a nickname I think it’s fine, and I think it could also work as a full name.

When I think of [name_u]Mickey[/name_u] I think [name_u]Mickey[/name_u] mouse and [name_u]Mickey[/name_u] [name_m]Rooney[/name_m]. But than again I’ve never known anyone with the name so I’m biased.

I would love for this to become more popular. I think it’s a great name!

[name_f]My[/name_f] friends son is [name_u]Mickey[/name_u], and I love it. I never associated it really with [name_u]Mickey[/name_u] Mouse! Her daughters name is [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]!

1 Like